New style quiver mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bj

Post by bj »

groundpounder wrote:To reply to A.W, When holding the xbow vertical on a flat surface the end of my quiver is one inch off the ground. There is also plenty of room to get your boot in the styrup for cocking. Did not try to mislead anyone with bolts not falling out of quiver. I guess I do have the "new" style quiver with two mounting points for the bolt. I did not know about the "older" model quiver. A question for you-Does the older style quiver use the same quick release mounting block? The holes are 1-5/16'' apart on my mounting block. Again, all measurements I have done so far are with a Exocet 200 with the new style quiver that comes with the RightStuff Package.
same type of bracket, just has a jam slide on it instead of the friction fit of the nut...otherwise, everything with the bracket is the same...it would mount the same as the new style...problem with the old quiver is that yes the bolts did fall out...with the money saved from the fallen bolts and the old quiver, it would be worth putting it towards a new one...just my opinion of course...

wayne....
csharkie

Post by csharkie »

I would also be interested in 1 or 2. Looks like the new quiver is worth buying as well (until now I hadn't been able to figure out what the changes were with the new quiver). I'm forever losing bolts out of the one I have. In fact, my hunting partner this weekend lost a bolt.
deerman

Post by deerman »

NICE DESIGN; I WOULD LIKE ONE FOR MYSELF. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE THEM READY!!!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Now that I look more closely to your quiver in the picture groundpounder, I can see that it has TWO mounting brackets, instead of ONE, like mine. This will make the arrows stay in better.

Looks like you can quit your day job, groundpounder. As long as I can get mine by next hunting season, I'll be happy. Congratulations.

Grey Owl
saxman

Post by saxman »

Nice mount.
I found that with the regular mount the xbow is unstable while sitting in your lap in the treestand,this would fix that problem.
Nice job
Put me down for one
Last edited by saxman on Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
babzog

Post by babzog »

OneShot wrote:Nice mount!

Just the other day while walking thru the woods , I was cursing the bolts as they fell out of my "stock" arrow rest.

When can I get one of those babies?
Interesting!

May I make one suggestion? If you haven't already done so, patent that baby right away! Don't want someone stealing that idea from under your nose!

(And I too hate the loose fit of the bolts in the stock quiver.)
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I've got a nice new picture to advertise with if need be. As far as production have an appointment on getting flat plate lazer cut out this Friday. Also stopped by Machine shop I used to work at to get quotes on upright pieces. I could make everything on my own but also have a real job and everything else(hunting) eating up my time. The ball is definitely rolling now, maybe next week sometime I'll have some done. I know have the monkey off my back with tonights harvest and have some time to start making mounts.

Why ride when you can walk!
exocet

Post by exocet »

Sweet shot and mount!! I would like to buy 2 mounts Sir when you get the chance :D Thanks-Jack.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

hey groundpounder, i guess you never imaged that there would be such a demand on your creation :?:
TYE

Post by TYE »

I need to create something someday, then I can be rich.

My dads highschool buddy invented the Blackberry, now the guy is a millionaire. He had a party at his house and had Aerosmith play, and had Bare Naked Ladies open up. Cost him a million $ for Aerosmith. :shock:
TomUK

Post by TomUK »

I'll have one if you're willing to ship to the UK! :D
Deanmac

Post by Deanmac »

Nice idea,

I am new to X bows and have a exomax, the first time I walked to a stand I dropped a bolt out of the stock quiver/mount.

I hated the way it was mounted.

Let me know when you are in production, I would like to have one.
Take a kid hunting and you will be rewarded
coyotesniper

Post by coyotesniper »

Great looking mount

I will purchase one when they are ready, just e-mail me

THANKS Doug
WRC

Quiver Mount

Post by WRC »

I'm in for 2, Thanks
Roy
Xman

Post by Xman »

Hello Groundpounder;
What a great invention, I have a friend here in Thomasville, GA, who like you did a mount for pistols, he quit his Police job and went full time and he's world wide now. When you go into production, I would like to purchace one from you.

Xman