Made a bad shot...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maple

Re: Made a bad shot...

Post by maple »

Good job on the hunt and recovery!!

You were treading on thin ice spending all that time during the Christmas mayhem. Give the little woman an extra squeeze for being so understanding.

Nothing beats peace in the home.

Maple
rayman

Post by rayman »

Man, that deer would be a new personal record for me. Would probably be close to some kind of Florida record too. Might have taken a little trip to the taxidermy man.
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

He is caped out and in my chest freezer, will be going to the taxidermist tomorrow afternoon. :) He is a stud, as was the 8pt I got with my hoyt. Both are nothing compared to some I've seen taken this year. This year was probably the best year I've seen as far as large bucks taken on the VA, WVa border area. We had record snow two years ago and a lot of acorns the past two years. Talked to a Game Warden who said he had also noticed that larger bucks than usual are being taken this year and said it was probably due to a lot of deer being killed off two years ago by the weather and then a heavy acorn mass last year. Basically more food with less competition for it. Next year should be good as well according to him.
John
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Congrats on the recovery. That's a great looking buck! 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen