Quebec poachers caught in Alberta

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tom

Post by Tom »

That artical compares the incident with Canadian Sportfishing and what happened with the party from Quebec is silly. Yes both had plead guilty to poaching, or taking game out of season, but one party did this totally on purpose in my mind.

The parties from Quebec actually went out to obtain fake residence cards so they could hunt when they normally would not be elligable. My understanding is that they also denied this fact after they even pled guilty.

Canadian Sportfishing crew got into trouble because they were not up to date on the new regualations. The part of the stream they were fishing was not open yet, they did that in mistake, not on purpose. Everyone that looks over the regulations in Ontario for stream fishing knows how confusing it is. They did not use the fact that it was confusing as a defence, they actually said that they, in their position, should have known and if not, checked it out for sure. They pled guilty and paid their fines and took the hit on their credibility.

Mistakes can be made. IF it is an honest mistake and they do not try to hide the mistake, then a fine should be enough. But if they go out of their way to do the crime like with the party from Quebec, then not only should they be fined or jail term, but they should LOOSE THEIR HUNTING AND FISHING RIGHTS IN ALL OF CANADA for an extended period.

Just my opinion.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

ThanksTom for the situation with Canadian Sportfishing, I was not aware. The newscaster should have provided a better explanation, since the two case are totally different.

As for the Quebec group, I totally agree with you, they should not be allowed to ever be able to hunt again.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.