Crossbownation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Crossbownation

Post by wheelie »

So glad to read page 5 as I though oppies maybe I should not have said somethings. Now I see many others have the very same opinion I have.
Three Bears

Post by Three Bears »

Boo - -tell us how you really fell about CN..... :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Think about it this way. Any sponnsor the comes along they can say we have x amount of members on our site and use that to impress them into giving them dollars and that was the real reason I wanted my account deleted. Not using me for leverage or money gain without my concent. If thats how they want to run a bussiness that is fine. I don't have to be part of it. Lots of forums do that but most don't stand out as clearly as they do.

I have nothing against any of them and they never did me any wrong. I never even got a warning there before nor have I ever even spoke to any of them. I wish them nothing but the best in there bussiness venture. I just don't want to be part of it.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Three Bears wrote:Boo - -tell us how you really fell about CN..... :lol:
To some degree I have a problem with the way it is run but that has to be tempered with the fact that the money from sponsors make the place run. The problem I have in my previous post is that Dickhead is not a sponsor yet he's allowed to post a price list. That would not be so bad if he wasn't what he is. That being said maybe Jeff doesn't know what kind of snake he has in his grass. Either way yes, allowing dickhead to advertise for free is not fair to the little people like our beloved Kiwi or out country bumpkin from MO. Neither will effect anyone elses sales there and neither are setting up to rake in much money at the end of the year.
No, my venum is for dickhead.
You can bet none of this thread will be changed, modified or deleted! Quite to the contrary of what bozo said!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

You guys are spot on about CBN. Its main purpose above all other is to make money. If you get in the way of making advertisers look good, then you will get slapped. Nothing wrong with it, just not a place that I want to support or be apart of.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Its a shame but true about CBN. They have some really great members to but just run with to many restrictions.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Middleton doesn't or didn't pay when I got the bootski.
"Eze 18:21"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

awshucks wrote:Middleton doesn't or didn't pay when I got the bootski.
Now this surprizes me. Did you get a 10 day ban or something and choose not to go back or a perminate ban? Surprises me either way because I always thought of you as a very mild well mannered man.

Well thought that till I seen you eat at Boofest! :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k
Last edited by wheelie on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Tim50 wrote:I guess that's why you will not see any "bad" reviews on some of the new "Crossbow Magazines"! A sponsor drops off a few bows to be reviewed! The bow gets a glowing review! The sponsor now decides to advertise insaid mag! One hand washes the other! Why would ANY magazine trash ANY equipment? Every bow, arrow, broadhead, string that comes in the door is surrounded by dollar signs IF it is handled correctly. Let the buyer beware!!!

Wait a miniute? Are you saying that they give away "free product" knowing fully well that that "free" aspect is going to generate a positive review in favor of the person giving it away?
You mean they arn't giving something away out of the goodness of their heart?
Say it isn't so! You have just altered my concept of dirty business practice forever, I am crushed.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Pydpiper wrote:
Tim50 wrote:I guess that's why you will not see any "bad" reviews on some of the new "Crossbow Magazines"! A sponsor drops off a few bows to be reviewed! The bow gets a glowing review! The sponsor now decides to advertise insaid mag! One hand washes the other! Why would ANY magazine trash ANY equipment? Every bow, arrow, broadhead, string that comes in the door is surrounded by dollar signs IF it is handled correctly. Let the buyer beware!!!

Wait a miniute? Are you saying that they give away "free product" knowing fully well that that "free" aspect is going to generate a positive review in favor of the person giving it away?
You mean they arn't giving something away out of the goodness of their heart?
Say it isn't so! You have just altered my concept of dirty busniess practice forever, I am crushed.
:lol: Pydpiper
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

ngamokai wrote: HA here you go :
Price:from 200 a month $600.00 per 6 months or $1,000.00 for 12 months,

interesting,
Seems pretty in line to me, keeping in mind that this advertisement is targeted, it is being placed where the proper people will see it, at the proper time.
For example, I own a small business, my advertising has been fine tuned over the years, but I still pay between $1800-$2700 every month to keep my name out there, $200 seems reasonable.
I certainly don't have anything to sell on a crossbow forum, but I do know that if I was to fork out advertising money to such a small fraction of the world, I would expect the powers-to-be to protect that investment and make sure I was eager to do it again next month. A business.
The price you quoted from CN, is that an advertising space or site sponsor price?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Wed May 08, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

fuzzy wrote: :lol: And they delete "unfavorable" threads that don't sit well with the "chosen few insiders". Glad to see that HAS NOT happened here as of yet. :roll: Good luck.
Excalibur does not have a financial interest in their forum, besides the obvious exception of providing a "technical support" based on the members who participate. We make up a very small percentage of "Excalibur owners".
CN does not have a "product", it is an advertisment based forum that exists because of the advertising dollers generated by supporters.
There is absolutly no similarity between the two forums with the exception that people are free to have opinions on each one. Opinions in both forums are moderated to suit the forum hosts, and to protect the financial interest of the host.
If you start a thread here about a competing company and use Excaliburs platform to promote them, it will dissapear, it has happened in the past.
"Chosen few insiders" are the worst thing that can happen to a forum, I heard on the grapevine that Bill T feels the same way. :wink:
This forum exists in it's current forward motion because it holds a stable group of people, and a tremendous amount of information. But it is all based around one specific product, which attracts people of similar taste. However, in any situation where there is a group of people, there will be differences of opinion, it's what keeps things honest and on track.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Pydpiper wrote:This forum exists in it's current forward motion because it holds a stable group of people.
Thanks buddy, most call me unstable or worse! :lol: :lol: :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wheelie wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:This forum exists in it's current forward motion because it holds a stable group of people.
Thanks buddy, most call me unstable or worse! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I knowed what cha mean, my Pa called me half a bubble cause he said i were abit off wid me deck of cards
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315