Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Re: Arrows testers needed

Post by nchunterkw »

Don,
Sent you an email..........
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

The arrows will go out this week. I am sending 6 to everyone.
Some will get 3 thou arrows and some will get 1 thou arrows. After all results are in I will let you know who got what.
All arrows will come with Blazers all the same colour. Please mark the cock vane with a magic marker and place it where I put a white line. After the test you can choose another vane and colour the whole vane black if you wish. The arrows are yours to keep after the test.
Please go back to the first page of this thread and re-read what I want you to do for this test. Please feel free to make any other observations you want but please be fair.
Have fun and thank you!
All testers have emails sent today. I will be sending your arrows out once I have responses.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Can wait to see/read results

F
Boo

Post by Boo »

Galgo wrote:Can wait to see/read results

F
Is that Francois? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Matador to you :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A registered dealer giving away free product and expecting an unbiased review?
Sounds totally legit to me!
For testing, wouldn't it be a good idea to have multiple samples to shoot, then report on which one they are happy with?
In my experience, as limited as it may be, when a dealer gives away product they are insuring a positive review. It is human nature to give credit to a gift.
Not seeing how using a companies website to veer people away from their own product for the gain of a second party is benificial to anyone, but the "dealer".
This forum used to be about sharing information about Excalibur crossbows and the experiences of its users, now it seems to be a paltform for certain people to make a doller.
So their strings need improving..
Their trigger need improving..
And now their arrows are second shelf too?
Got it.
Whats next, the limbs? Oh wait, Derek Middleton has you covered.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I love my Excalibur bow! and as a target shooter and hunter I am always looking for an improvement in my equipment . I use nikon scope and super slam arrows and a boo string and my own trigger job and there not all Excalibur products but make my Excalibur a better shooter and to me that,s what it,s all about to me improving on a great bow. I think anyone that helps us get better results by trying to let us try new products at there expense is doing us all a big favor! (I just don,t see how others can feel that way !) I,m really thankful for someone so willing to help us find new products to make us better shooters!!!!!
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Good ... Better ... Best ... is a pursuit that takes each individual Excalibur owner/user on their own journey.

At first, everything on my Excalibur was the Best and nothing could be improved. Then with time and use some of my personal preferences came forward and I wanted to tweek this and that to meet my individual tastes.

The basic Excalibur crossbow package is great. If you want to "Gild the Lilly", you can. This pursuit though will take some outside the Excalibur brand.

Boo - His help by word and e-mail has been generous to the point I do not know how he does all he does for all of us in the crossbow family. He is someone I have never met in person but respect thoroughly.

All the best,
John
Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Instead of Pyd continuosly bashing Boo and making us
read it, perhaps he could find something better to do.
Im sure he could find something away from the keyboard whenever one of these moments come's to him. :roll:
I know this makes me a target now, but at least it will give him new material. :)

Big John

Excalibur reads this Forum all the time and if they wanted to say something about this or anything else related to their Bows or products, they would definetly chime in!
Last edited by Big John on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

JT of PA wrote:Good ... Better ... Best ... is a pursuit that takes each individual Excalibur owner/user on their own journey.

At first, everything on my Excalibur was the Best and nothing could be improved. Then with time and use some of my personal preferences came forward and I wanted to tweek this and that to meet my individual tastes.

The basic Excalibur crossbow package is great. If you want to "Guild the Lilly", you can. This pursuit though will take some outside the Excalibur brand.

Boo - His help by word and e-mail has been generous to the point I do not know how he does all he does for all of us in the crossbow family. He is someone I have never met in person but respect thoroughly.

All the best,
John
John, I do it because the vast majority of people appreciate what I do. The work I do allows a slight short cut to their goals. The thank yous that I get is all that I need to keep going. Than you very much for your appreciation.
strum

Post by strum »

Pydpiper wrote:A registered dealer giving away free product and expecting an unbiased review?
Sounds totally legit to me!
For testing, wouldn't it be a good idea to have multiple samples to shoot, then report on which one they are happy with?
In my experience, as limited as it may be, when a dealer gives away product they are insuring a positive review. It is human nature to give credit to a gift.
Not seeing how using a companies website to veer people away from their own product for the gain of a second party is benificial to anyone, but the "dealer".
This forum used to be about sharing information about Excalibur crossbows and the experiences of its users, now it seems to be a paltform for certain people to make a doller.
So their strings need improving..
Their trigger need improving..
And now their arrows are second shelf too?
Got it.
Whats next, the limbs? Oh wait, Derek Middleton has you covered.
i typed out a big long reply to this but then i felt it was way harsher than i need to post so ill just say ..
That was completly uncalled for Pyd..not cool at all.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Thank you Don !
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Wed May 08, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Boo wrote: I am not a dealer or a distributor of these arrows nor do I have any interests in the company.
Their website reflects a different perspective. Somebody is being deceptive, if you truly had no idea you were listed as a dealer, that means the arrow company is using a dirty practice by artificially inflating their "Dealer list", creating an illusion for people who aren't paying attention.

All out of the goodness of your heart?
Boo wrote:
I do it because the vast majority of people appreciate what I do. The work I do allows a slight short cut to their goals. The thank yous that I get is all that I need to keep going.
Followed by:
Boo wrote: I am not a dealer or a distributor of these arrows nor do I have any interests in the company.
Boo wrote:I think I will, with what little time I have, try to sell and promote them.
Just a bit sceptical over here I guess. Add that to my ability to see through some of the smoke screen and I posted my opinion, just like you said people were free to do in the first post. Or is that reserved for positive reviews only?
Then add the countless emails, Pm's and conversations I have had with people about how you bash them when they disagree with you, or worse yet, agree with me, and you have my full attention. I guess I was never one to do it behind the scenes like you, I have an opinion and I also have no issues with discussing it.
This is about money for you, and a little bit of internet power, some of us know that.
Rest assured, if someone came to your business and tried to promote the guy down the road with free products your true colors would show.

Big John, my post was not about a "moment", I actually put a great deal of thought in to what I type. More importantly, you didn't just make yourself a "target", this isn't a spur of the moment rant. To tell you that your opinion isn't needed would make me a hypocrite, and it would also be putting you under the false impression that your opinion carries weight with me.
As far as better things to do with my time, I hunt, 4 deer so far this year and one more tag to go. I raise a happy family and run a successful small company.

I just think a little honesty goes a long ways. Some people just get offended by it.

I have learned two things in this thread..
1, You can buy friends.
2, I can't spell hypocrite without spell check.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Hey Pydpiper,

I will have to do some searching to find the quotes from Boo you posted. I guess for me this is like the time my wife spoke highly of a mutual acquaintance that I am not fond of. I'm thinking, "How can the woman I adore like this person?" :lol:

I can only go with my personal experiences with Boo which have all been above reproach and overtly giving on his part.

My dear wife read the post, per my request, since one of her bosses is Canadian and maybe this a Canadian "thing". Her response, "No, I think the Pydpiper guy just doesn't care for Boo."

So, you and I have different opinions on Boo. And according to your posts you have a real, defensible reason for your words/thoughts. If Boo changed his statement per your quotes; maybe he just changed his mind. Boo has earned the benefit of the doubt in my mind. If anyone searched diligently all I have typed or said they easily would find something to take offense at or proof that I might have changed my opinion on something.

I went back and read your 2012 posts and came to the conclusion that the Boo post is "out of the blue" for you. So I believe you feel passionately about what you typed and stand by it. I also am passionate and stand by my words too. The jarring part for me is the idea that Boo is doing something deceptive or selfish. Those two words NEVER come to mind when I think of Boo.

Boo did not buy my friendship he earned it. (no money, product or services were exchanged to influence the aforementioned, declarative statement) :lol:

I too had to use SpellCheck ... declarative. I always want to spell it declaritive. :)

If your ever down in SouthEast Pennsylvania I know a wonderful restaurant I can introduce you to and we can get to know one another better. Maybe take a side trip to Cabelas in Hamburg, PA. Weaver's store near here has an indoor 3-D range that is worth a visit too.

Neat thing when folk can speak their piece and even when they differ can still get along.

All the best,
John
Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:01 am, edited 10 times in total.