The new Excalibur crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by Carnivorous »

wildcatter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 pm
Peter we had a clumsy contraption to carry around already, we need or, I will, have a device that is integrated, that I can use as it is always there, or have the option of using a device, rope cocker if you will, when I want and am able. This is what I waited for, but that was my mistake not Excaliburs, and just maybe I will have to turn elsewhere, but at my age, I will have convenience, and exactly what I want. I have had to make my own before, just to have Excalibur follow suite later. I'm not waiting any more.
Sounds like you need an Assassin.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm
wildcatter wrote:
Peter we had a clumsy contraption to carry around already, we need or, I will, have a device that is integrated, that I can use as it is always there, or have the option of using a device, rope cocker if you will, when I want and am able. This is what I waited for, but that was my mistake not Excaliburs, and just maybe I will have to turn elsewhere, but at my age, I will have convenience, and exactly what I want. I have had to make my own before, just to have Excalibur follow suite later. I'm not waiting any more.
So do you Jeff! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm
wildcatter wrote:
Hope you have one @ boo fest that I can try out! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm
Boo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Hope you have one @ boo fest that I can try out! Lol
Jeff you will bring one... kinda
The Assasin has one built in :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Boo

Post by Boo »

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:29 am
It showed in the video decocking with the crank but in the photos it states on the mounting hardware . Warning DO NOT DECOCK WITH CRANK ! What gives >
In talking to the guys who who developed it and work in the back, they are changing their minds about the decocking. The first production of Chargers will have the warning you quote on the body but the ones produced after the first run will not have it. The wrist strap really works well in stopping a run away crank.
I do not work for Excalibur so please get this info first hand from Excalibur to confirm.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I almost always decocking with the C-2, but carefully. Is there any difference in decocking between the two cranks? Is there any difference between the first run new crank and follow on versions other than the wording?
After a few thousand shots having used the C-2, I think it's best to hold on to the handle throughout the decocking sequence.
Boo

Post by Boo »

SEW wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am
I almost always decocking with the C-2, but carefully. Is there any difference in decocking between the two cranks? Is there any difference between the first run new crank and follow on versions other than the wording?
After a few thousand shots having used the C-2, I think it's best to hold on to the handle throughout the decocking sequence.
Functionally, they are both the same in that they are both direct drive. There are a few distinct differences. First there is a spring retract the string when there is no pull from the string. Second is that the handle and wrist strap is designed to control the crank arm is you let go. Third, it is a whole lot smaller, so small that it easily fits in your jacket pocket. Forth, the handle has a quick release and can be left in the strap on your hand. Last, it releases from the bow with just a pull on a semi large knob. I think I'll be selling a couple of my C2s!