Home Built Xbow Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mfh

Target...

Post by mfh »

All - thought I would add a thought to what works for me...I have two back yard targets - have had them a year and were bought to shoot my compund bow - couple arrows a day preceeding the season...anyways, when I got the Exomax a couple weeks ago...I relized neither (one Block the other a 3D) wree going to last long with the large bolts. Anyways, I took two towels, and rolled them up together and then bailed them in twine, leaving about three feet hanging off. I then took the towel roll, placed it over the vitals of the 3D and tucked the loose end into the joint where the legs meet the body...it keeps the roll over the vitals.

Both bow and xbow stop within the towels - thus saving the target vitals...but having the 3D target to practice on...would essentially work on any target. Plus, you can make the "makeshift target small - like a vital area...and you have the store bought tageth as back up in case you are off a bit or when your home made gets worn thin...of like what happened to me and at 20yds I put a bolt right down the hole from the last shoot!
Cheers,
Matt