O/T Gas >>>>>>>

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

There already here...............

Top 10 Most Fuel-Efficient Cars for 2005
By Jeff Bryan

We've compiled a list of the 10 most fuel-efficient cars currently sold in the U.S. based on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) miles-per-gallon ratings for city and highway travel. In order to arrive at a final hierarchy, we used the EPA's combined fuel economy formula: 55 percent of city mpg rating plus 45 percent of highway mpg rating. The rating for each vehicle below is expressed in mpg as a city/highway ratio. All ratings apply to base models equipped with a manual transmission, except where indicated otherwise with an asterisk. Also, we only allowed a given model to appear once on the list, except in the case of the Honda Civic because it's available in both gas-electric hybrid and regular gasoline versions.

Honda Insight — 61/66

Toyota Prius — 60/51*

Honda Civic Hybrid — 45/51

Volkswagen Golf TDI — 38/46
Volkswagen Jetta TDI — 38/46
Volkswagen New Beetle TDI — 38/46

Honda Civic HX — 36/44

Toyota Echo — 35/42

Toyota Corolla — 32/41

Scion xA — 32/37

Honda Accord Hybrid — 30/37*
Pontiac Vibe — 30/36
Toyota Matrix — 30/36
Scion xB — 31/35*

Dodge Neon — 29/36
Toyota Celica GT — 29/36*

Oh and what about this one???? The 100 mpg car in 2002.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/carmileage
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Image Thanks Nudo7 for the info.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Gary

First, let's go back to the BS that started this......you remember, where you wrote: "also have seen and read about carbs that will do better then 50 MPG but the Gov. won't let them be used....Believe it or not".......

If you saw it like you say you did.....tell us exactly when and where.....show us some documentation....show us results from a certified testing laboratory!! My point was and still is that there is NO magic carburetor that can be added to a normal everyday vehicle and, suddenly, you get 50 mpg! And, the Government isn't keeping the non-existent magic carburetor from being used......that is simply pure BS!

By the way........go back and READ my posts......I believe I said "if we can't produce 50+ mpg through computer controlled fuel injection systems that constantly correct for the idea fuel to air ratio.......then you can bet your last nickel there is no carb ever invented or dreamed of that will do it".....and......"If a modern computer controlled fuel injection system, that measures and adjusts the fuel to air ratio of an engine many times each second can't get 50 miles per gallon......there is no way a "dumb" carburetor can do it........"....did you miss that little 2 letter word??

Show me a modern computer controlled, fuel injected, PRODUCTION vehicle (one you can walk into your neighborhood dealership and BUY today) that gets 50 mpg on straight gasoline........at this point, there are NONE .....the 3 vehicles that Nudo listed with mileage ratings above 50 mpg are all HYBRID vehicles and the VWs are all turbo DIESELS.......not exactly the types of vehicles we have been discussing and they hardly qualify as strictly gasoline powered vehicles! I wasn't talking about a hybrid and neither were you.......you were talking about some magic carburetor to be used on cars in that day.....not in the future!

I believe that you know exactly the point I was making..... point being that, if, with all the modern technology used in vehicles today, we are close, but we still don't have a production (non-hybrid) vehicle that can do it......there is NO WAY a carburetor could do it......

Gary, if you are so distraught over being wrong that you will grasp at straws and pick one of my posts apart to find an error....well, I pity you!

I'll tell you what, if it makes you feel better......I'm wrong, you are right ......everything you have said on this thread is true, I AM a "know it all" ....and the truth is the oil companies are part of an evil empire run by aliens .....they have been sticking it to us earthlings for years......and a bunch of them have even taken over the government and are keeping magic carburetors and thousands of other fuel efficiency improving devices off the market so they can suck us dry by forcing us to buy their overpriced fuel and burn it in our primitive earth bound, gas sucking vehicles.......and they are all PETA members too.....and they eat children for breakfast and, the biggest surprise of all is that their leader is Hillary Clinton (that one might be true)! :D :D

I have enjoyed the debate......but, you win.......you once owned a gas station, so you obviously know more about the oil industry than a person that is currently working in it and has been for over 20 years......and, you know everything there is to know about cars, fuel efficiency, air/fuel ratios and government conspiracies....you are the king and I bow down to your superior knowledge!!!

So, when are you planning to start marketing those 50 mpg magic carburetors......Lord knows I sure need a few!! :D
Last edited by GonHuntin on Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Nasty, nasty, nasty...let's let this thread die.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Seen any deer or have ya been out looking/checking yet :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

No, the gas is too bloody expensive to go lookin'!!!.... :lol:... :wink:

Leaving in the morning for a couple of days of scouting for moose... :D
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

GaryL wrote:Image

Haven't been out much.....$3/gallon gasoline keeps me close to home but I do need to get some stands up.......looks like I may miss opening weekend, my dad drew an antelope tag in the Oklahoma special hunt drawings and I'm going along to be his guide and gofer........he has heart problems so I'll be doing the heavy work........I drew this hunt a couple of years ago and am familiar with the area and conditions......he can't do it by himself......so I get to help and I wouldn't miss it for the world!!
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

LoneWolf wrote:
No, the gas is too bloody expensive to go lookin'!!!.... :lol:... :wink:

Leaving in the morning for a couple of days of scouting for moose... :D
One of my buddy's was out this morning scouting and came across a monster buck feeding in the area where we hunt. Man I'm getting itchy. I'm going out Saturday morning to scout the area and put a couple of stands up. Thank God I own a Civic that gets 45 mpg on the hwy. :wink:
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Ditto for me Partikle, I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon, soon as I wake up after my night shift. I've got 4 tree stands with barley grain as bait, with a sprinkle of crab apples.

With these gas prices the way they are, instead of using my 4x4 truck with my Quad in back, I've left the Quad at a neighbour's place and use our Corolla to go back and forth. Oil companies got enough of my money.

And,....... Oh Ya!!! I'm getting reeeeeeeeeeeeeeal excited with the up coming hunt. 25 more sleeps. :lol:

Grey Owl