11 Days To Go

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

11 Days To Go

Post by tkstae »

Got out and tried my Summit Viper X5 this morning. Worked out real nice. The sit down stand up way of climbing sure is the way to go when you have back and shoulder problems. The season here in Missouri starts Sept. 15. I have everything set to go. Kept waiting for the stands to go on sale, but ended up paying full price. Ouch!!! Hurts my feelings to pay full price for anything. Best of luck to all of you in your up coming hunts. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't read and learn from you guys. Tom
oneshot 1

Post by oneshot 1 »

I don't take chance on a stand after having to be packed out 14 years ago because my Legs wouldn't work after setting too long.I just hunt on the ground and have had very good luck.

Have a safe season.

oneshot
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Paying market price sometimes isn't such a bad idea, at least you got one ready to go. It'll pay dividends when you strike out a bolt, with your Xbow and a nice buck goes down.

Went out to our property on Saturday with my wife and kids to dump more barley and apples on the ground for bait. Three of the four tree stands sites are getting hit hard. Took the advice of some members on here to move the double wide ladder stand back to 25 yards from 13 yards. Man I'm excited for this season !!!

Took one last spin with my Quad to check our Alfalfa fields Sat. afternoon. Saw something dark standing in the field, thought it was a moose, NOPE, a flipp'in Buffalo, big cow. If Buffalo Bob doesn't have his fence fixed next to me by Thrusday, I'll have deer, moose and buffalo meat in the freezer this fall. (Long story)

Good luck tkstae this season, send pictures if you want.

Grey Owl
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

After seeing the pictures of sandmans feeders I went out and made a couple. Just got them up this weekend. I'll give them a few days, then go out and check. I used homemade gravity feeders last year, but they were emptying them as fast as I filled them. Have high hopes for these. Tom
oneshot 1

Post by oneshot 1 »

tkstae wrote:After seeing the pictures of sandmans feeders I went out and made a couple. Just got them up this weekend. I'll give them a few days, then go out and check. I used homemade gravity feeders last year, but they were emptying them as fast as I filled them. Have high hopes for these. Tom
Tom I sure hope your not hunting over Feeders in Missouri.Because it is illegal and they are cracking down on Baiting Big time.

oneshot
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Thanks for the advice oneshot 1. The feeders help to keep the deer in the general area. Feeders are at least 200 yards from my stands. In fact they are on the other side of a state road. Best of luck to you this season. Sure hope this weather starts to cool down before the season starts.