Carbon Bolts (Beman vs Gold Tip)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Carbon Bolts (Beman vs Gold Tip)

Post by TYE »

Okay, I think I'm gonna make the switch from my Easton Aluminum XX75 2219's to some Carbon bolts.

I don't know whether to get Beman Thunderbolts or the Gold Tip Laser 2's. What are the differenses between the 2?
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D stay with the gold tip , 1 person's screw up does not reflect on the co. they have made great arrows that I have used for years, and this problem is being resolved as we caht about it. they make good on any screw ups they made and there is no cost to you ., I will be offering dozens and half dozens , diped and fletched with feathers or vanes for sale in about a week , they will be matched to +- .002 grains with your choice of brass or alum front inserts . keep an eye posted for the price and color's I will be offering GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

I was just wondering what the differences were. Cuz I've heard good about both. I think I read something that the Bemans are heavier.

I want a good strong bolt.

Does anyone know what the Bemans and Gold Tips weigh?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Beman thunder bolts are heavier 424gr with 100gr heads, however if you order your GoldTips with a brass insert in the front you will be as good.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gad

Post by gad »

Hi Tye,

I have used both. The weight of the bemans with 100 grains point is about 430 grains, the weight of the goldtips with the same point is about 360 grains.

Both of them are really strong, you won't be disapointed with neither of this bolts on this characteristic.

I think that it's all about weight and velocity. If you have a heavier xbow, like the exomax, I would stay with the bemans, that certainly will avoid the problems of shooting a too much low weight bolt.

If you have a low poundage bow, I would stay with the gold tip, more velocity.

Bemans are a little cheaper too.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I had the same question at one time. Both are good shafts. I chose Gold Tips with brass inserts mainly because that is what my local archery shop stocked and I knew it would be convenient for me to to get more bolts made up in the future.

Ninepointer
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
TYE

Post by TYE »

I shoot a Pheonix.

Yeah my local shop sells the Bemans for $36 per 6. I can get Gold Tips from BJ. Just not sure which I want..

How much would my Easton XX75 2219's weigh?
gad

Post by gad »

TYE wrote:....
How much would my Easton XX75 2219's weigh?
I have only tree easton xx75 2219's.

They weight exactly what the excalibur arrows chard advertise:

478 grains, edited: with 100 grains point.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
TYE

Post by TYE »

Ahh I see... You must be talking about this thing.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/arrowselect.html

Hmm no Pheonix on the chart though..
gad

Post by gad »

TYE wrote:Ahh I see... You must be talking about this thing.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/arrowselect.html

Hmm no Pheonix on the chart though..
Take the exocet 175 of the chart as the phoenix, cause they have about the same power (310 fps (exocet 175) x 305 fps (phoenix)). Edited: this velocity using the laser II bolts weigthing 360 grains with 100 grains point.
About 175 lbs each bow.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hmm, I could always get 6 Bemans and 6 Gold Tips.. :?
Furor

Post by Furor »

I ordered 6 gold tips from bj that I plan on using with my new exo 200. I am going to use 125 grain G5 Montecs on them and they should weigh in at around 380 grains. I dont know much about this whole crossbow thing yet but those should be acceptable, at least for deer etc. If you are going after larger animals like moose/elk I would consider going with something in the 410 + weight range, but all I have done is read a bunch on the net, no personal experience here, yet....
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm hunting deer. I'm shooting 100 gr Wasp Boss's.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hmm, only thing is if I get 6 Gold Tips and 6 Bemans, there's gonna be a big difference in weight isn't there? or will the brass insert in the Gold Tips make them even?
TYE

Post by TYE »

^ TTT ^ :)