Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

full moon

Post by dw »

i am sitting here in maryland watching a beautiful full moon at 9:41. est
were are you and what do you see and what time is it
"dw"
Last edited by dw on Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you gotta love it"
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

I see Spike TV, Most Irresistable Women
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I see 6 big beautiful boilers, 3 huge chillers, and 10 more hours to go, before I go home, ................. I'm at work. :evil: :evil:

Rub it in dw. :lol: :lol:

Grey Owl
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

Gray Owl, I'm a retired boiler/chiller operator myself. Worked a rotating shift for nearly 25 years :( We only got one weekend a moth off. the only good thing is that we had days off during the week and I had the woods pretty much to myself.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Yip..... I'm reading your mail Pistoleer, know whatcha mean. What Class of Steam Engineer are you?

I work for the Government (University of Saskatchewan), you may only get one weekend off a month, but at least you probably made more money than me. Likely going on strike here in one month. Awful tempting to head up to the oil/tar sands in Alberta.

But your right, working 12 hour shifts, you sure have lots of time off.

Grey Owl
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

Grey Owl, I worked for the University of Wisconsin. State Power Plant Operators are not licensed. I wish we had been they would have had to pay us more :D . I started as a helper and worked up to shift supervisor.. The great thing was both the superintendents were bow hunters so we had a target right i the plant :D If you hit a deer on the night before you were suppose to be to work if you called and explained that you had a tracking job, they would get someone to cover for you. :D

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
wabi

Post by wabi »

bstout wrote:Exactly the same thing here in Wisconsin at 8:51 pm CST.
Which one Bob?
i am sitting here in maryland watching a beautiful full moon
I see Spike TV, Most Irresistable Women
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW - late reading the post, but we did have a really nice view of the full moon last night as it was rising through the cloud cover! Friday night I viewed it through the trees after the thunderstorm. Took my 5 year old camping after a hard week in kindergarten :wink: We got rain after we had set up the tent & a tarp for a rainfly for a cooking shelter, so we went right ahead with the camping plans. Actually had a great night to sleep with the cool air, and were able to get up at daylight and check out the food plot. No deer or turkeys, but we got close enough to "Pepe" for a good look at him hunting grasshoppers and other bugs in the clover plot. I was able to impress on my son that there is no need for any special fear of the skunk, but a bit of caution is called for. :wink: We watched him feeding at a distance of 8 or 10 yards for a few minutes, then a subtle "throat clearing" by me sent Pepe scurrying off.
wabi
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I believe what you guys witnessed was the HARVEST MOON.

Grey Owl
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grey Owl
Ga.XbowCop

Post by Ga.XbowCop »

DW You are right on with the Full Moon. I sat out on my front porch and watched several does come up and eat the ripe persimons that are falling off of the tree in my front yard. The deer I saw when I was hunting on my hunting property came out just before dark. They are on the persimons and muscidines heavy. Have not had no rain in almost three weeks here and everything is dry. These fruits are high in water contient due to the early rains we had at the beginning of the summer. Acorns are starting to fall here slowly. Going to start hunting the middle of the day if I can stand this 90 degree weather. Good luck
Tim
If you keep a child in the woods and off the streets, I won,t have to deal with them when they grow up.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Hmmmm, about that time I was in bed. I was on my company fishing trip and I had too many wobbly pops during the day, so I hit the hay early :oops: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
maple

Post by maple »

Full moon = very low tide = easy clam digging.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near the ocean at the moment.

Maple
TAC

Post by TAC »

Huh? Can you explain this to me? (not the clam part)
maple wrote:Full moon = very low tide = easy clam digging.

Maple
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

TAC wrote:Huh? Can you explain this to me? (not the clam part)
maple wrote:Full moon = very low tide = easy clam digging.

Maple
Howdy LURK'er TAC.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

on a full moon the high tide is generally higher than average, the low tide is generally lower than average, and yep the current inbetween is stronger than average. the lower the tide the easier it is to dig clams.
thanks philip