Draw Weight Adjustability???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rwsr50

Draw Weight Adjustability???

Post by rwsr50 »

My son just had some surgery which will temporarily keep him from using his compound bow, but he truly loves archery season and it would kill him to miss any of it. He has his application in for a temporary crossbow permit, and while we're waiting to see if it comes thru, we're thinking about what crossbow to be on the lookout for, new or used.

We are leaning towards the Exomax, but then there's the problem of the PA Game Laws allowing a maximum 200 lb. draw weight. We obviously want all the performance we can get, but also aren't in the habit of disregarding the law.

Can crossbow draw weights be adjusted within a limited range like compound bows? (We're new to crossbows and don't know a whole lot about them...but we're quick learners, ha, ha.)

I'm thinking if we could adjust it back to 200 lbs., we'd still have the ability to crank it back up should the law ever change to permit a higher draw weight. Thinking about it though, a 25 lb. adjustment range may be asking too much. Compound bows usually only have a 10 lb. adjustment range, but then we are only talking 70 lb. draw weight too.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Get one of the 200lb Exocets and you'll be both legal and shooting more than enough bow for deer!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Divemaster920

Post by Divemaster920 »

rwsr50
Go with the Exocet 200 it will have more KE than the biggest deer can withstand in PA. You will not believe the proformance.
CD
TYE

Post by TYE »

I say go with a Pheonix :)
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Go with the 175LB Phoenix or the 200LB Exocet with the crankaroo. Either will handle any hunting you or he would like too do.... :D

I really don't know of any compound xbows that have a adjustable draw weight.

Bill T. a darn good idea fer 2006.... :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TYE

Post by TYE »

HEHEHE.

Adjustability means more things that can go wrong....