Noisy ladderstand...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hockeyfodder

Noisy ladderstand...

Post by hockeyfodder »

I have put up a ladderstand in a tree that moves in the wind. When I am not in it there is no creaking but with my wieght on the seat when the tree moves in the wind it creaks.
Is there anything that I can put between the metal seat and the tree trunk to quiet this or am I going to have to reposition the stand?

Any help would be much appreciated.
frisky

Post by frisky »

I have a piece of bycycle tire on my ladder stand, between it and the tree .....a piece of rubber hose slit would work.. not 100% perfect.. try it good luck................
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

Frisky is correct with his post....also you might check all bolts/nuts/latches for looseness and add a drop of oil or vaseline if there is a creak from those areas too.

Dave
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Try a wrapping a piece of carpet or foam cushion around the back of your stand.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

I have used some flat metal bolted to the stand , with saw teeth pointed to the tree , and a chain bolted to one side of the back of the stand around the tree and back to the stand , with a turn buckle to pull it tight .
No more noise and your stand is safe , it can`t fall .
I didn`t say you couldn`t , like going to sleep maybe .
wabi

Post by wabi »

My ladder stand started making noise this year. I tightened all bolts and screws and it quieted it. The tree moving could work fasteners loose, so I'd ry tightening everything first. Also a drop or two of lubricant on any parts that could squeak, and Bob's tape idea would be a good thing to try, too.
wabi