Wife got her FIRST!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Wife got her FIRST!!!!

Post by GaryL »

Wife and I left at 6:00am to one of my spots with a two person ground blind, got there about 30 min. befor daylight and got comfy :wink: Pour a cup of mud fer us both and I am thinking how did I manage to talk her into this hunt as normally it's a no, no :roll:

Well at about 8:15am here comes two bucks towards the area we are at, one stopped short but the other one came in to 30 yards. She asked you take it or me, and I stated of course :mrgreen: you take the shot but get with it :wink:

She pulled the Phoenix up and slowly pulled off the shot and then stated "I think I hit it" and I stated yep ya sure did.... :D

She is about to faint but I said just relax and less have a cup a mud then see if we can find your bolt. We had are coffee then went to look, about 10 yards past where the BUCK was standing we find the bolt coverd from front too back with good blood.

Found the buck another 20 yards to the left where I seen it run back towards where we seen them coming in. A nice 9pt with a couple broken tins but not bad. One had new growth started. Needles ta say she was all excited :D :D :D :twisted:

Gonna have to figure how to resize my pics.... :wink:
Last edited by GaryL on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Gary Im proud to be the first to offer up congrats to the Wife..My wife hunts with me likewise and Its a heck of a bonus Im tellin ya..Great job and Kudos goes out to Mrs GaryL.. :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats for sure, my wife would not even enter the woods, let alone shoot!! Now who did the field surgery??
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Digger

Post by Digger »

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
huntman

Post by huntman »

Congrat's to the both of you!!! To your wife for the great kill and to you for having the patience to hunt with your wife!@
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

GaryL...a BIG CONGRATS to you and your wife!!! Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you shared it with your wife!

Best, Dave
peter p

Post by peter p »

Congrats to her.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Congrats to both of you.......were you as excited as she was??? I really enjoy seeing women involved in hunting!!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

ALL RIGHT!!

My CONGRATULATIONs TO HER.

You must be very proud..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Nice Buck. Give her my congrats. :wink:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

frisky wrote:Congrats for sure, my wife would not even enter the woods, let alone shoot!! Now who did the field surgery??
Thanks all, frisky I called my two son's and the one in the pic. and I did the field surgery and both of them draged it to the van.

She had to get ready for work and we hose it down out back. Now packed in ICE intill I can get it to the butcher tomorrow.... :D

GoneHunting quite frankly I was really excited and just held it in till we found the buck.... :D :lol:
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Nice buck, pass on my congratulations. I think your wife will go out with you more often now Gary. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Congratulations to you both. It really is exciting to see a new hunter get all worked up over a harvest. Sounds like the guide was a little excited too :wink: :D :D :D .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

Congradulations to you and your beautiful bride,,,BE PROUD
Curdog

congrats

Post by Curdog »

Way to go, congrats for the both pf you.
Curdog