Moultre battery problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

darkhollowarcher

Moultre battery problem

Post by darkhollowarcher »

The rechargeable battery in my trail cam is only lasting about four days before it needs charged should they not last longer than this,the disposable battery lasts about two weeks,and the weather is still mild there were only ten hits so its not like there were a lot of pictures taken.
bob
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

I think the motion detector uses a lot of power waiting for something to walk by. The solar panel is only $20 and from what I've heard it keeps the battery at full charge.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Mine has been in fer a 2 weeks and still shows 75% on the led. Sure it was full charge :?:
Last edited by GaryL on Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcthomas

Moultrie rechargeable battery

Post by tcthomas »

I am using the 6volt rechargeable battery in the Moultrie 100 digital camera. I just had to recharge it for the first time. It lasted a little over 3 weeks with about 80 pictures taken, 2/3rds at night with the flash.

Tim
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Same here, I just corrected my post above. Just cheked it again and still has 75% per the led, and has 24 events showing from the last 3 days. I would re-charge that battery and see what happens.
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

Thanks for the replys
Yes it was on the charger for twelve hrs. and lasted only a few days.when i first bought it the charge lasted two weeks on average,
but the last few times it has only been lasting a couple days.
i suppose the batteries do go bad!!!!! I think i will try to find a new
rechargeable battery and try again.
Thanks Bob
gad

Post by gad »

I am running a moultrie digital through a 4 D cell holder.

The cam is taking about 290 pictures with FLASH. Without, much more.

It's much more long time without worry about the batteries if you run the moultrie through a 4 D cell. Otherwise, will you get long time only with the solar panel + the reachargeable battery.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED