What's your favorite Hunting socks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frisky

Post by frisky »

I have a pair of wool socks (i think) with Thinsulate inside. (from fleet farm) I use them with down filled "booties" over the socks... all inside of Sorels felt boots..Froze my feet years ago wile ice skating as a kid, wish I hand't done that..............
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Don

Post by Don »

I have a hiking sock called Smart Wool, they are made of Merino Wool and are light but very warm. They wick moisture and even when wet will keep your feet relatively warm.
The best $20.00 Cdn that I have ever spent.

Cheers,
Don :lol:
JR

Post by JR »

I use mohair socks. The most comfortable and warm socks I've ever owned. Spent $15 for the pair and I'll be buying a few more pairs for ice fishing this year. -JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
russm

Post by russm »

I'm a skier and invested in some good socks for that sport. I buy them at the end of the season, usually for under $10.00. They are all polypropoline, and they are great. They wick the mositure, the keep me dry, and they are really easy to wash out and dry overnight.

I also have some remington dark green socks of similar compostion that I got a wallmart for around $8.00. They are also pretty good, but a bit sweatier than the skiing socks.
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I use skiing socks also. They are half silk, half poly. They aren't cheap, but worth it!
TYE

Post by TYE »

I wear Remington socks alot. They're super comfortable.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Don wrote:I have a hiking sock called Smart Wool, they are made of Merino Wool and are light but very warm. They wick moisture and even when wet will keep your feet relatively warm.
The best $20.00 Cdn that I have ever spent.

Cheers,
I happen to have several pairs of them. All I wear in cold weather.
wabi
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

Thorlo ski socks. I believe they are polypropolene and they are tall socks. Helps them stay up and not slide down. Sometimes I wear some wicking little short socks that are about ankle high and really thin.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

DRY ! :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

Just what ever is in the sock drawer .
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Socks??

You guys wear socks?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Don

Post by Don »

bstout wrote:I bet mohair is easier for your skin to tolerate than wool
Merino wool is not scratchy like those grey wool socks that you buy it feels just like a regular cotton sock just a heck of a lot warmer.

Alaspan

Socks of choice

Post by Alaspan »

Burton and Bonfire socks - they're designed for snowboarding/skiing and do an incredible job of keeping the feet dry, wicking moisture and providing excelling insulation. They don't slip and bunch up. A little on the pricier side - I also have remingtons as back up. They're fairly good too.