Sick of the rain

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Butt

Sick of the rain

Post by Butt »

Anybody else sick of this weather. Seems like everyday I've had off since opening day, it's rained. Not that I'm a fair weather hunter, but I'm afraid of losing the blood trail. Took my six year old out Sunday morning for awhile, first time for him to experience bowhunting. Had a pop up blind set up a week ago for this outing. Of course it was raining, but the blind is water proof( thank god). Didn't see any deer but had a few good laugh's, as my son had eaten baked beans the night before. Let's just say I spent more time with my head hanging out the window than in :shock: and trying to keep him quiet . ( He's got a quite a giggle) :lol: :wink:

Good luck to all "Butt"
stump

Post by stump »

Butt, I feel the same way. I've gotten so tired of it raining every chance I have to hunt that I picked up one of those string trackers, so I don't have to worry as much about losing the blood trail. I haven't sighted it in yet, but I'll try and do it later today, in the rain of course.
Tail Drop

Post by Tail Drop »

Hey Butt, know what you mean, I have only been out twice this year and I'm retired :? , rain, rain and it's calling for more rain in our area till Sat. :x the only I have heard while out hunting this year is WHEZZE,WHEZZE, but the season is young.
Slow Down From Lifes Hectic Shrill, Good Things Await Those Who Pause To Be Still
kodiak

I'm with...

Post by kodiak »

you boys... The pop up tent is very nice, but it gets annoying to pop it at home to let it dry... I just want a nice week-end lol... how foolish of me.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Beans!! Reminds me, I should take some of those home made ones out of the freezer for tonights diner. UMMMMmmmmmmm.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
A.W

Post by A.W »

I'm still trying to get rid of some cabbage rolls I had at the weekend. :shock:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

We cant get rid of it. Not the heavy stuff, but the constant drizzle. Some of my friends are totally disgusted that they cant get in the woods. :(
TYE

Post by TYE »

Shouldn't have any problems with the rain with waterproof clothing... ;)
Tail Drop

Post by Tail Drop »

That's true Tye, but it's nice to pick & choose your days. :)
Slow Down From Lifes Hectic Shrill, Good Things Await Those Who Pause To Be Still
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

TYE wrote:Shouldn't have any problems with the rain with waterproof clothing... ;)
Its the blood trail that concerns them Tye. Or I should say, the lack of a blood trail.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Yup, I hear ya's about the rain. Man I don't know if it'll ever stop. On the other hand, they're calling for possible snow periods tonite, which gets me excited a little.
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

j wrote:Yup, I hear ya's about the rain. Man I don't know if it'll ever stop. On the other hand, they're calling for possible snow periods tonite, which gets me excited a little.
We picked up 1 to 3 last night depending on elevation. I peersonally got 2 but the Daytime rain has made it dissappear already xcept on North facing slopes.