Exomax for sale

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Butcher

Exomax for sale

Post by The Butcher »

I bought an Exomax early this year. I Turkey hunted with it, and now that our archery season has only 3 days left, I figured now is a good time to advertise. I did manage to shoot a big fat doe with it, and was able to shoot over a really nice buck. I have found that the 2219 shafts, and Slick Tricks, are the combination for this bow. I have never tried carbons, so I can not judge them. I have shot 5 arrows into a 2" circle at 40 yds, with my bipod attached to the bow. I can tell you, I shot the doe at a little over 30 yds, and the bolt wet through both lungs, and burried about 8" it the dirt, after going through the deer. The reason I'm selling, I found out, that I am actually hunting illegal. I live in Pa, and did not know there was a poundage limit on the crossbows, until I had bought the max. If fact, I only found out about a week ago. I do not like to break the law, and have felt guilty, hunting with it since I found out. It is a 2005 model, and is in excellent shape (like new) I do have an extra flemish string, that has been pre streatched with it. I have the peep sight, and box, tags, just as it was bought. I am keeping my accessories, as I am planning on buying an Exocet 200, or a Phoenix. We have limit, and I have been luckey as not to have been stopped by the game warden. I will sell for $450 American, Postal service money, or certified check. Buyer pays actual shipping. The bow is like new. I will put the peep and fiber optic sight back on, and sight it in, after Saturday. I have offered it to a couple of other guys, I know from Ohio, and it may be sold, but I have not heard from them. If anyone is interested, e-mail [email protected]. Thanks for your time, Don
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

Butcher you have an e-mail.
Riggs
rigbymi

Max

Post by rigbymi »

Butcher's bow is still for sale.
Riggs
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

What is your legal draw weight limit?

If you otherwise like the bow (and it does seem to be accurate), why not do an actual test on the draw weight before selling it? You may be surprised to find out that the ACTUAL draw weight is within the legal limit. Especially so if you leave the bow strung for an extended period of time before testing.

In any event, I would be amazed if any enforcement people would EVER inquire into draw weight of a bow, especially as to its maximum limit. Almost certainly, any inquiry would be directed at the ADEQUACY of the draw weight. They would almost certainly NOT have adequate equipment to do field testing, and I doubt any prosecutorial agency would spend laboratory budget for that kind of testing. In other words, if you test the draw weight and it is CLOSE to the max allowable limit, I doubt you have anything to worry about.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:?: :?: Easy fix!!! get some EXOMAX 200 EMBLEMS and take off the MAX one and put on the "200" no game warden carries a scale .Just my 2 cents worth GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:wink: I tole ya the first mark on the rail towards the limbs = 200LB, the 2nd mark towards the rear = 225LB :wink: :wink: :wink: Just kidden of course BUT :twisted: :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

I'm only 5'7", and the max if very difficult to cock out of the treestand. I looked at a Phoenix at Cabela's, and am in love. Hoping to sell the max, and get a Phoenix. I've had some PM's, and hope to sell soon. I agree, it's been years, since I've seen a warden, but I also have rotten luck. If I do see a warden, he'll be the only one in the state that will have the equipment to measure the poundage. I think it is a dumb law, but there are lots of dumb laws out there. My max, has never been dry fired, and is in pristine shape. Nothing wrong. At first, I had a tiller problem, but someone on this forum, said to try switching the limbs around, and bingo, that fixed the problem. Other than that, it has only been shot maybe 150 times. It did not take a lot of work to get it shooting good. Butcher
twogun

Post by twogun »

GREYWOLF wrote::?: :?: Easy fix!!! get some EXOMAX 200 EMBLEMS and take off the MAX one and put on the "200" no game warden carries a scale .Just my 2 cents worth GREYWOLF
Not a good idea on several fronts. Most obviously, it violates the law. Secondly, crossbow hunters have a tough enough time dealing with all the B.S. coming from the crossbow opposition. I've met people on othe archery sights who visit crossbow sites lurking in the shaddows just waiting for something like this to pop up. They'll take one example of bad behavior by a crossbow hunter and turn it into a generalization damning all crossbow hunters. They will use it to further their anti-crossbow agenda.

One of the fears of the anti-crossbowers is the possible advancements in the industry. They point to the Exomax and its 225# as an examp[le. The counter to that is usually to limit poundage as has been done in Ohio. Advocating illegal behavior like this makes the argument harder.

If you think noone is watching, you're sadly mistaken. Isn't that right "Source"?
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

twogun,
I agree with you 100%, that is why I'm selling the max. I should have checked the law, before I bought it, but I ask a couple of friends, and they told me they did not know of a poundage limit. If you read my original post, I stated I only found out for sure, about a week ago. I am not a law breaker (on purpose, and do not advocate such practices), and try not to give the sport a bad name. This whole thing, was not posted to get an argument over ethics, it was posted, so I can sell my max, and buy a phoenix, which will #1, make me legal and #2, fit me better. As far as anyone watching, I have nothing to hide from anyone. That's the way I live my life. I never have to look over my shoulder. If I'm stopped, I'll pay the fine, and move on. Speeding is illegal, but I'll bet plenty of forum members break that law, to get to the hunting spot before the sun comes up. Same thing? I think so. I guess as in the good book, all sins are equal. But with one day left in the season, and the rut in full swing, and no extra money, I've hunted all season with it, and everything is set up, so I'm not selling till after tomorrow.. So, any buyers out there for a sunday purchase??
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

yes mr butcher its much easyier to comply than to lie...no need to explain any further. Someone buy this mans Max...It wont last long hang in there..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

twogun wrote:
GREYWOLF wrote::?: :?: Easy fix!!! get some EXOMAX 200 EMBLEMS and take off the MAX one and put on the "200" no game warden carries a scale .Just my 2 cents worth GREYWOLF
Not a good idea on several fronts. Most obviously, it violates the law. Secondly, crossbow hunters have a tough enough time dealing with all the B.S. coming from the crossbow opposition. I've met people on othe archery sights who visit crossbow sites lurking in the shaddows just waiting for something like this to pop up. They'll take one example of bad behavior by a crossbow hunter and turn it into a generalization damning all crossbow hunters. They will use it to further their anti-crossbow agenda.

One of the fears of the anti-crossbowers is the possible advancements in the industry. They point to the Exomax and its 225# as an examp[le. The counter to that is usually to limit poundage as has been done in Ohio. Advocating illegal behavior like this makes the argument harder.

If you think noone is watching, you're sadly mistaken. Isn't that right "Source"?

Twogun...excellant response!!!!!!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

If you have decided to dump your 'Max, that's your business. The difficulty in drawing it is no real reason, though. Get a crankaroo, or perhaps, a cocking rope.

If your concern is to be legal, why not BE SURE YOU ARE ILLEGAL FIRST. Manufacturers have tolerances, and although the bow is RATED at 225 pounds, that doesn't mean it is IN FACT more than 200 pounds.

A well equipped archery shop should have a draw weight scale.....if you want to know the facts.

If you simply want a new bow, well, that's your business, and good luck, and enjoy your new bow when you get it.
dryhorn2

Post by dryhorn2 »

Is it still for sale ? If so how much ? What comes with it ?
With God all things are possible
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

The Exomax fellows is gone. I soul searched, and thought about checking the weight, but the Phoenix, really fits me better. BJ, offered me a deal, and I took it. My beloved Exomax, with one deer under it's belt, is now on the way to Canada, for a brand new Phoenix. I hope that I'll not be disappointed. Being of short stature, and wanting to stay legal, I decided to make the switch before late season. That will give me till after Christmas to have everything shooting well. All the pointers on arrow weights, and anything special any of you all have learned about the Phoenix, would be appreciated. I'm hoping to get muzzy's to fly out of it, because of the supply of them I have. I shot slick tricks in the max, and they shot well, but they are very hard to find around here, and at $10 bucks each, when I own about 3 doz. muzzy's, kills me. Perhaps the lower speed of the Phoenix, will allow me to shoot muzzy's. I know that max, sure was fast. When I peeled the hide off of the doe I shot, it looked like it was shot with a rifle. Massive hemotoma( is that spelled right?) Nothing but red jelly. The blood trail was not all that great for a double lung shot, and the deer traveled much farther than I expected. I will say though, the slick tricks did fly good. So I hope who ever ends up with it, has happy blood trails. Thanks for all the reply's. I do plan on one of Marks stocks for next year though. I really hate the noisy plastic stocks. Seems like any scratch or bump is magnified 100 times. That has been my only gripe. But wood stocks, would add another couple of hundred bucks to the bow, and a little weight. Butcher
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Good luck with your new bow.

If you don't like a piece of equipment, the results it gives will be more likely to disappoint. A good example of the converse is when you have a rifle you know to be very accurate. You shoot better with it because you know it will perform and you need to do your part. I hope you like your new bow.