uv impregnated dyes in all 3d camo?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

billert

Post by billert »

I also use regular soap and scented shampoo, soap detergent AND aftershave and take deer regularily. But I've also been busted while drawing on deer....
Where's the deer?
billert

Post by billert »

Where's the deer?
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

billert wrote:I think the point is the exact opposite. That is you are better off without the high tech stuff i.e. UV brighteners. They only make the clothes look better to the hunter. You're actually better off with old tech, plaid coats before UV enhanced stuff.
So then wear the old tech clothes and never mind about what the Mossy Oak and Real Tree guys are putting in or not putting in their fabrics. I don't understand what the big deal is. :roll:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
billert

Post by billert »

chris4570 wrote:
billert wrote:I think the point is the exact opposite. That is you are better off without the high tech stuff i.e. UV brighteners. They only make the clothes look better to the hunter. You're actually better off with old tech, plaid coats before UV enhanced stuff.
So then wear the old tech clothes and never mind about what the Mossy Oak and Real Tree guys are putting in or not putting in their fabrics. I don't understand what the big deal is. :roll:
To each his own, but it was big revelation to find out that my clothes would glow to deer. I figured it would appear to them roughly as it appears to me. Just spreading information is all. Time to go back to the old style camo or beat the info out of the manufacterers as it is difficult to get this information from them.
Where's the deer?
bluey

Post by bluey »

its hard to swim against the tide.
those that have in history, created history. when everyone is against you, doesnt mean you are wrong. one man cant be blamed for the ignorance of many.
the fact is there are uv's present in some camo and we arent being told. that someone dares raise the issue amongst people whom it affects, should be praised not knifed.

the thing i like about 3d camo, is that here in oz its so hot most places, a lot of the year. with this camo i need just wear undies. if i was in canada or nz i may wear something more traditional, with no uv of course.

hear, hear, billert.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

I feel cloths like the woolrich alaskan shirt, coupled with a pair of malone bibs, is primo. quiet, warm and works well. I also agree with hoss, keep the wind in your favor, and stay in a brushy or shadowed area, and your chances improve greatly. But.......Given the dollars spent yearly on camo, it should work. I do not expect it to make me invisable, just work. At one point, when Mossy Oak, made their own camo at Mossy Oak before they got big like realtree, there cloths were made without UV brightners. I seem to notice a better performance from older Mossy Oak clothing. As stated in the almost identical post, I had a jacket from realtree, that deer plain did see. I think it is important. As I said, it is like fishing lure manfacturers, they make lures to catch the fisherman. They should make them to catch fish. Clothing of today, is warmer, dryer, and of good quality. like someone else wrote, farmers have no trouble, because they stink like the surroundings, and the deer are used to the smell of horse or cow manure. In fact a farmer friend, keeps his camo hanging in the barn. Deer are killed with or without UV brightner clothing, that is for sure. But is Scent lock all it is cracked up to be? Some swear by it. My opinion is if you finger is sticking out, and you are up wind, your busted, with or without scent lock. I own none. I left work one time, and was an oiler on a crane rig, and smelled like grease and fuel. I shot a buck at 5 yds with a recurve. He was of course up wind of me. I like the new cloths, and especially the new rain gear. For what we spend a year on camo, I think it should not glow. Everyone has their own opinions, and we all know what they are like. But the nice thing is some information is shared, and some get something out of it. If others know it all already, you sure are lucky. I still look for a tid bit of info, that may help some day. If I have my choice of brightened camo, or non UV, the choice is obvious. It could go on for ever. What about blinds, ect...... I'm done, good night. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

bluey wrote:its hard to swim against the tide.
those that have in history, created history. when everyone is against you, doesnt mean you are wrong. one man cant be blamed for the ignorance of many.
the fact is there are uv's present in some camo and we arent being told. that someone dares raise the issue amongst people whom it affects, should be praised not knifed.

I dont know why im even replying to this thread but i will
People would buy the camo if they were told it had uv stuff in it...so big deal...who says your wrong? whos everyone against you? Dame .just boring...and whos blaming you? if im readin that right. and who knifed you? Are you sure your not a disgruntled employee of some camo company? sounds like it........I still dont get the point of your So called Rukus.....informative mabey at best but youve gone a little to far in the blame game....give it a rest...........

PRAISE to Bluey for fixin the camo world......... :roll:

what a deal......selfrightous Hero for sure.......
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
billert

Post by billert »

"I dont know why im even replying to this thread but i will
People would buy the camo if they were told it had uv stuff in it...so big deal...who says your wrong? whos everyone against you? Dame .just boring...and whos blaming you? if im readin that right. and who knifed you? Are you sure your not a disgruntled employee of some camo company? sounds like it........I still dont get the point of your So called Rukus.....informative mabey at best but youve gone a little to far in the blame game....give it a rest...........

PRAISE to Bluey for fixin the camo world......... :roll:

what a deal......selfrightous Hero for sure......."

I think the knife thing was in relation to a comment made to me:

"So then wear the old tech clothes and never mind about what the Mossy Oak and Real Tree guys are putting in or not putting in their fabrics. I don't understand what the big deal is."

It's like another debate about crossbow vs. bow, who wants another one....but this issue really does have merit. I just dont understand why everyone's back is all arched (about spreading useful applicable information about hunting). I for one would like to know which camo has UV brighteners and which ones dont. Keep the info rolling...

I dont think Bluey is trying to be a hero at all, nor am I. He's interested and concerned as I am. The Rukus comment was mine and I was trying to get a rise so we could get some more information.

If the camo people find out that we know that there camo glows to deer, but otherwise look great to us, they are going to make a more effective dye (absent of UV brighteners).
Where's the deer?
billert

Post by billert »

Here is a response from Atsko:

U-V-Killer continues to work until it is worn away, washed away, or covered with another dose of brighteners. It is very durable but you should check it once a year with a 350 BLB Black Light.

U-V-Killer works by forming a coating that intercepts the UV energy so it can’t get thru to activate the brighteners. U-V-Killer doesn’t just reflect UV energy, it absorbs it. The absorbed energy is then reemitted at a longer (red or orange) wavelength that the deer can’t see very well.

Sincerely

Dan Gutting
Where's the deer?
bluey

Post by bluey »

i took a real verbal lashing on another site for suggesting uv's are present in dyes.
posted the reply and shut the buggers up. if realtree think it is a serious concern enought to respond, the dh on the other forum had no come back. in fact they praised realtree for the reply.
as far as being a disgruntled employee. im the boss. but have nothing to do with the textile industry.
or the sport industry.
or the hunting industry.
just like to know what im paying for.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

billert wrote:I also use regular soap and scented shampoo, soap detergent AND aftershave and take deer regularily. But I've also been busted while drawing on deer....
IM sorry but i DONT believe that.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
billert

Post by billert »

wildwindom wrote:
billert wrote:I also use regular soap and scented shampoo, soap detergent AND aftershave and take deer regularily. But I've also been busted while drawing on deer....
IM sorry but i DONT believe that.
Don't believe what?

Where's the deer?
billert

Post by billert »

Pic from tonight:

Where's the deer?
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

well if your high enough and play the wind you could stink like hell and still harvest a deer..........even on the ground as long as the wind dont fail ya..

nice pics Billert
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
billert

Post by billert »

Thanks and all is true. Ya can be naked and take deer...brrr. But I think the point is to be prepared for the biggest/smartest hog of a deer where everyone else has failed. Getting that deer might mean you're on your "A" game. What does the "A" game entail....
Where's the deer?