CZ rifles!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

CZ rifles!

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi guys,
Hope you don't mind me asking about guns again, but, as you know, I can't use a crossbow here, so I am getting a couple of rifles to add to my compound bow. I have decided to buy either the Savage model 14/114 American classic, or the Winchester model 70 classic featherweight as my main rifle for hunting, in caliber 30.06, or .270. Not decided which model or caliber yet, but at least I now know it is between these two!! Any thoughts???
The other is a .22 for practice, and small game. I have decided to get a CZ 452, .22, but can't decide which model, i.e "Varmint", "American", or "Lux". Any of you know anything about the CZ 452's? And which of the models do you think would be suitable?
Thanks yet again...in advance!
Grizzled.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I really like the model 527. The Canadian distributor is located in Rexdale in Toronto so I went down there and he let me take a look at the different models. I really liked the lux model. It had a carved cheek piece more like a monte carlo stock. The American is a straight stock. I don't think you can go wrong with CZ. I can try and find the number of the Canadian distributor if you like. I found him very helpful in explaining the differences between the models. The person in the gun store didn't have a clue.
chris4570

Re: CZ rifles!

Post by chris4570 »

grizzled47 wrote:Hi guys,
Hope you don't mind me asking about guns again, but, as you know, I can't use a crossbow here, so I am getting a couple of rifles to add to my compound bow. I have decided to buy either the Savage model 14/114 American classic, or the Winchester model 70 classic featherweight as my main rifle for hunting, in caliber 30.06, or .270. Not decided which model or caliber yet, but at least I now know it is between these two!! Any thoughts???Grizzled.
My two cents: Go with the 30.06, it will do the job for whatever you are going to hunt, especially with the bullets available today(A-frames, fail safe, partitions, etc). You cannot go wrong!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

Grizzled I have the CZ 550 Classic In the 6.5.55
I really like it , I don`t think you would go wrong with one .
10Ring

Re: CZ rifles!

Post by 10Ring »

grizzled47 wrote:I have decided to get a CZ 452, .22, but can't decide which model, i.e "Varmint", "American", or "Lux". Any of you know anything about the CZ 452's? And which of the models do you think would be suitable?
I have had my CZ ZKM452 Lux since I bought it new in 1972. I have owned it longer than any other gun I currently have. It has burned up countless bricks of .22LR’s and has never required any repairs and was and still is unbelievably accurate.

I like the Lux because of its unique European look, that is just a personal thing with me.

I also have a CZ ZKK600 in .30-06; it will shoot three shot MOA with factory ammunition. It is the predecessor of the present CZ500, It is all walnut and solid steel with a hinged, steel floor plate; it is very much like a pre-WWII mauser Sporter.

When it comes to rifles, I like CZ’s quite a bit.
10Ring
Biker

Post by Biker »

.22.250 is my choice. Knocks the hornes off. .44 Mag is second choice for body shots.