Thanks guy's : Hatchet jack , Biker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

caucious clay

Thanks guy's : Hatchet jack , Biker

Post by caucious clay »

Just wanted to thank you guy's for the information about the Barnett Volci glass prod. sounds like you fellow's know some stuff.sorry it took so long to get back but I've been tinkering with it and I think I figuered out some of my problems.First thing I found was the front scope mount was stripped out and the screw was'nt staying tight. I changed the mount and put an Aimpoint scope on it and that really helped.Next thing is this thing really had a tight trigger pull ..lots of creep. I took it apart and couldn't find any adjustment soI think I did something kinda stupid I took a die grinder and filed down the release flap just a bit...Man that thing was getting with it then. all I had to do was touch the trigger and it was gone. Grooping pretty good too. Then I struck a snag. At twenty yards I pulled the trigger with the safty still on and of corse It didn't fire. But when I took the safty off it sure did.straight up in the air.I never saw where the bolt went but Iheard it crashing through the wood's about a hundred yards away. I'm just glad It was pointing in a safe direction. Oh we'll so much for giveing it to my fourteen year old son. But anyway thank's for telling me what kind I had.Ibought it off a guy for a hundred bucks. it is shooting a lot better now. Im just gona have to be careful with that saftey.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

when you pull the trigger with the safety on,normally you cant get the safety off until you put your finger behind the trigger push it forwards., boy if it is that touchy i sure wouldnt be using it ,,one small bump & it will go off,,,,that is too dangerous,,, . call barnett see what it would cost to fix it,,,,----1-800-237-4507, ask for chad or bob,,,,,,you might have your local gunsmith look at it. that is like carrying a gun with a hair trigger.

have a merry christmas hatchetjack
Biker

Post by Biker »

Theres no need to have a hair trigger on a crossbow. You have time. Come to think of it, you have time to kill. (Pardon the pun) Hunting with a crossbow takes lots of time. You wait for that perfect shot, then watch your bolt fly through the air. Oftentimes it misses where you wish exactly, yet it is close enough to put meat on the table. If your Barnett is anything like mine (same prod) you will wish to have at least 3 bolts. One to stop the deer, the second to kill it quickly, and the third just in case. Its been a few years, but once upon a time, I placed a couple of bolts into a buck. About the time I went to field dress the thing, his little brother came snoopin, and by god, he got a taste of the old Wildcat also. It took awhile to follow the bloodtrail, but there was lots of meat on the table that year. Be most carefull with that crossbow my friend. Humans are much more fragile than deer. That arrow, even with a target point, will kill.