Is this cheatin??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Biker

Is this cheatin??????

Post by Biker »

I have had great success with parking a vehicle near where the deer graze. Once the vehicle is parked for a few days, the deer seem to ignore it. I roll the windows down, cock my crossbow when I see a dinner aproach, then place the bolt. Is this cheating the potential meal from my table???? I really dont care, just asking. Meat on the table is better than going hungry. I see no need for expensive blinds when the old Jeep is blind enough. Sure beats sittin on the ground. What are your thoughts??????
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D I Guess it's no different than hunting from a quad you ride into your area's . mabey just warmer !! GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

GREYWOLF wrote::D I Guess it's no different than hunting from a quad you ride into your area's . mabey just warmer !! GREYWOLF
Quite illegal in some states..

Biker -"Is this cheating the potential meal from my table???? I really dont care, just asking."

Well,

Speaking for myself I care a bunch that someone would post on here that hunting with a crossbow out of a vehicle, even though it could be "cheating" that he "doesn't care."

We catch enough grief from the antis (crossbow and animal rights freaks) about us taking the easy way out without someone on here re-enforcing that belief by thinking it's OK to "cheat.

That is not a real crossbow hunter's attitude....
Last edited by Woody Williams on Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Illegal here in Pa. They would throw the book at you unless you had a disability permit to hunt from a vehicle.
terry-1

law

Post by terry-1 »

It is agaist the law here to have or shot a loaded crossbow in a car.
GREY OWL

Re: Is this cheatin??????

Post by GREY OWL »

Biker wrote:I have had great success with parking a vehicle near where the deer graze. Once the vehicle is parked for a few days, the deer seem to ignore it. I roll the windows down, cock my crossbow when I see a dinner aproach, then place the bolt. Is this cheating the potential meal from my table???? I really dont care, just asking. Meat on the table is better than going hungry. I see no need for expensive blinds when the old Jeep is blind enough. Sure beats sittin on the ground. What are your thoughts??????
Its very illegal hunting out of any vehicle. The statement you made about "I see no need for expensive blinds ", who says you have to buy a expensive blind. You can easily make a blind completely enclosed just out of NATURAL, STICKS LIMBS, AND TREES laying around. Just a little time, and sweat labour.

Don't forget if one of your limbs hits the jeep door when a shot is taken, it'll propel you right out the opposite direction.

Not a smart thing Biker, I'd build a homemade blind out of material laying in the bush.

Grey Owl
ilcrossbowhunter

Post by ilcrossbowhunter »

illegal in illinois too unless u have permit from the department of natural resources
Biker

Post by Biker »

My land. They eat my apples peaches and pares. The deer owe me at least the opportunity to stick an arrow into one or three. They eat my garden, and crap all over my lawn all summer. They get in front of my truck. I dont believe it really matters. As long as its silent death, and they get eaten, its nobody's hassle other than my own. I eat what I take.
Take all ya want, eat all ya take.

Its fair game on this end.

Was just asking how them city folk felt.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

I personally feel a good propelling would do some good. I think it is also a ridiculous question such as this is quite offending any hunter. I don't call a jeep a blind. I don't call a deer dinner either. With the CWD, affecting so many areas, there may come a time when some folks don't realize how good they had it in the past. Hunting out of any vehicle, is illegal, and very unsportsman like. Hunting is just that. Killing is just that. If you objective is to kill a deer, you might as well use a spot light, and rifle. Then you'll have dinner. I see nothing wrong, with taking a deer, if you are truly down and out. If you ask, there are many people in your area, who, if ask, would donate a legal deer to you, if you lack the skills to harvest such a terrific animal yourself. As stated, anti's would love to post your ignorant question on their forums, for bolts against us. Please do us all a favor, and a remember something. A wise man thinks before he speaks, and only a fool speaks before he thinks. I, as a hunter and sportsman, would give up my license, if ask to do so to preserve such a wonderful animal, that brings us all so much pleasure. Please think about your post. By the way, the cost of a license, does not give you the right to kill a deer. The cost, is just for the priviledge to hunt, and no more than that. Just my 2 cts. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

By the way, I don't live in the city of Pittsburgh, just near, and am no way a "city folk". There are ways, such as fencing, to keep the deer from eating your fruit. Crap on the lawn is good. Crap here, is not. There is no sense wasting any more time on you or your post. I know what you need, but as stated earlier, no sense wasting any more time on this. Try and think of something to contribute to this forum. Maybe a tip on how you get the best performance out of your bow, or broadheads. Something like that. Kind of reminds me of the Russian guy posting a while back. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Daniele

is this cheating?

Post by Daniele »

I have had great success with parking a vehicle near where the deer graze. Once the vehicle is parked for a few days, the deer seem to ignore it. I roll the windows down, cock my crossbow when I see a dinner aproach, then place the bolt. Is this cheating the potential meal from my table???? I really dont care, just asking. Meat on the table is better than going hungry. I see no need for expensive blinds when the old Jeep is blind enough. Sure beats sittin on the ground. What are your thoughts??????

Yeh, big time,
as someone else said we try so hard to project a good and ethical view to the anti's, i can't believe you would actually admit doing it.
The next thing might be hunting at night with a 10000.000 candles light out of a vehicle, do you care whatbthe law says?
So long as you get the meat.
Good hunting, be safe.
ilcrossbowhunter

Post by ilcrossbowhunter »

very good point! anyone who hunts from a vehicle thats doesnt have the permits needed is very unethical. there are plenty of hunting forums online that will give you the advice you need to tune your equipment to take any game anywhere. i am new to crossbow hunting and i have found a ton of information and advice on this forum
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

they eat my apples they crap in my yard so i can silent kill them if i want..

What the-------If its bothering you enough to ask if its cheating youve answered your own subconscience question.There is a thing called depredation which eatin apples and shittin in your wonderful clean lawn doesnt qualify.....I think what you really mean is Are you hunting? which has alot to do with the sport or are you just takin at will an easy kill...well if a fella is disabled and cant get to the field there is places where that is legal ( hunting from a vehicle in gun season ) but it doesnt qualify in my book as a hunt if your able to lets say even the odds a bit and get your ass outa the jeep and go hunt those beast. Then you may have a whole new set of questions...Nope notta city folk and just a country boy that sees alot of punk ass weak road hunters shoot from the truck when they are able to do it in a legal way..Best thing to do if you choose to do that is dont publicize it...Its not a noble thang and sure isnt popular here..and if you dont care your capable of anything out there....I can only imagine now with what little info you have given us what a great contribution you must make to the conservation effort which insures a healthy herd for childrens children..somethin to think on if you care!
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

Just an anti messing with us!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

trky chsr wrote:Just an anti messing with us!
BINGO... time to go to an ignore mode...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]