mechanical broadheads and crossbows........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

globemountain

mechanical broadheads and crossbows........

Post by globemountain »

I was wondering about using mechanical broadheads with my Exocet 200? I use NAP Spitfires and NAP Shockwaves with my Mathews and they perform flawlessly. The Excal video doesn't really recommend using mechanicals with their crossbows but the video was a little dated. I have a "boat load" of NAP Mechanicals I could use.....but I also have a "boat load" of 100gr. Muzzys.......the Spitfires and Shockwave fly like a dream tho'

Any input?
rutman

Post by rutman »

MECHANICALS ROCK OUT OF A CROSSBOW.........................
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Love my mechanicals in my EX. Man do they do a job. I have been using them for years. Spitfire is hot.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Tom

Post by Tom »

The spitfires have been tested up to speeds of over 400 fps without opening up early. I love the spitfires. They will work wonderfully if you maintain their clips for hunting.

Good luck.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Have any of you guys had any trouble with "Grim Reaper" broadheads?
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Right on Tom,
You can hunt with me any time.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Ive been thinking about getting some Grim Reaper broadheads for my Exocent 200, but don't much about them. Has anyone tried or heard about these, and/or know the pros and cons?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Sorry buckbuster but I have not had these heads or do I even remember anyone speaking about them. When I did my research on mechanicals back when I switched, the spitfires had great reviews. And since they did not use rubber bands or rubber o-rings (which i did not like ) I went with them and loved them.

I have not researched mechanicals since then. Again sorry I could not help.
Tom
PRB

Post by PRB »

Which kind Tom ?
The regular NAP Spitfire or NAP Pro Series Spitfire XP ?
Which do you prefer over the other if any ?
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Tom

Post by Tom »

I started with the NAP spitfires just to see if I liked them, Then I got the pro series, Harder tip and I think a better look to them. But they have different versions in production now. I have not tried the XP, and the difference in the regular and proseries is not much. Both are very strong, the regular has been burried deep in the spine with no dammage other then bent blades. AS I said earlier, the pro are susposed to get deeper penertration ( not that our bows need that) and a stronger tip.
Tom
Normous

Post by Normous »

I just wanted to add my two cents of mechanical experience to this post.I used mechanical Rocket Hammerhead 108 gr. 4 blade 2" x 2" cut for about 8 deer seasons out of my Exocet.I took 6 deer with this tip and not one deer went more than 50 yards.Some blades did bend some after contacting with the ribs but none broke.All hits were pass throughs and the blood trails were incredible.Stevie Wonder could follow them.Just use extra elastics on these (I used 3) to prevent them from opening upon release.
After I purchased my Max I went to Wasp 100gr. fixed, (I also want to try Slick Tricks)thinking I might have trouble with the Rockets opening with the high energy Max. I'm going to experiment with the Rockets out of the Max when we have nicer weather.
I know everone has their favorite broadhead.I just wanted to add my positive experience to this post.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »