Swapping Hunts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Swapping Hunts

Post by awshucks »

Hi to all!! Iv'e just been on here for about a month, and just finished reading all the back pages and most of the Archives. I am curious if there is any interest among the Forum members in "swapping hunts" some thing like I used to see in NAH put out by NAHC??? If I recall, it was something on the order of "have this" want that. You thoughts please?
"Eze 18:21"
Big John

swap

Post by Big John »

awshucks:

I wish you luck if you are trying to achieve a swap hunt. Many people have posted on variuos sites I've seen, and not to many takers I found. I tried this myself last year on two sites, just to Hunt some place new for a change. I have good Deer and Bear and Grouse property and wanted to gain exposure to other areas and posibly new Hunting partners and friends. However when all was said and done, nothing transpired. It's a great idea, and wish you all the best. 8)

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
awshucks

swaps

Post by awshucks »

John, Thanks for the input. I would guess that geography would account for part of the problem, I doubt any one from Canada would travel to Arkansaw for what we have to offer. I'm thinking I can't really afford to go to outfitters, and since we are fortunate to have xbows for all, something might work out. I wouldn't ask this on any of the other forums I've seen, but the people here sure seem to stand above the rest. My own situation includes a little guest house, so we're talking a "cheap deal." I'd sleep in my ground blind for a shot at meat! :D :D I've really gotten alot out of this Forum, it's quality ia right up there with my Excaliburs!!
"Eze 18:21"
Big John

swap

Post by Big John »

Geography is a problem to some extent. However I believe some of the problem might lie with people not wanting to expose their proerty to others for fear of things going further perhaps, like someone thinking if they were invited once they have the right to hunt there again (perhaps).
I have no problem with an exchange hunt myself. I set the rules on my property, same as I expect others to set the rules on theirs. Respect is foremost. As well there is the problem of transporting Game back and forth across borders, theres always more rules! And bear Hunting here in Ontario requires the use of an outfitter (licensed) for Non-residents to Harvest. I dont think that someone from the states could come for a swap hunt for Bear with me at my place. Well I think I'm starting to ramble a bit so I think I said what I wanted to. I am all for it, with the right swap and people and Game. Good Luck! :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]