Wasted calories

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MichiganBill

Wasted calories

Post by MichiganBill »

Trying to argue the merits of crossbows on an Internet forum to a traditional archery enthusiast makes both parties look silly. It all boild down to who gets the last word in before a moderator shuts the thread down.

By(your) posting stats like the TN season totals only fans the flames and hardens everybody's reso;ve, pro and con.

The key is to educate, not infuriate. Remember, you're trying to convert those in the "middle" who are perhaps not opposed to crossbows. By yelling at the far right, traditional archery proponents, you play right into their hands, which, the middle is constantly observing.

Moral of the story, take the high road and you wan't get any on ya!.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

Most of the die hard antis are like Archie Bunker. There is no changing them. Thank God the majority of hunters are not like them. And the states are finally seeing that.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

BigBird-VA wrote:Most of the die hard antis are like Archie Bunker. There is no changing them. Thank God the majority of hunters are not like them. And the states are finally seeing that.
Every now and then we convert one.. ;)

The debate is not for changing the minds of the other side. '
It is to dispel falsehoods presented by the anti- crossbow side.

The lurkers just tuning in is the ones we really want to convince.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

That one seems pretty tame.

Kevin1 is from Indiana and a member of my board.
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

hey woody, i have been trying to hook up with the huntingnet.com but i keep getting a popup ,,internet explorer script error. cant get rid of it ,,,any suggestions.

h.j.
they say he is still up there.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

hatchet jack wrote:hey woody, i have been trying to hook up with the huntingnet.com but i keep getting a popup ,,internet explorer script error. cant get rid of it ,,,any suggestions.

h.j.
Beats me.

I've got a pop up blocker from MicroSoft and that stops a lot of that stuff.
Woody Williams