xbow cabinet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pphoenix

xbow cabinet

Post by pphoenix »

I built a cabinet for my xbow

how do you guys store/display yours. I'm not hidding my i just love to pick it just and look trough the scope, just checking it out.
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
Normous

Post by Normous »

Very nice :idea:

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
TYE

Post by TYE »

Wow that is really nice! I made one myself, but I have yet to put it up in my room. My dads is up on the wall though. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it. Nice job on yours, very well done!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ImageImage thats really nice, super job :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

You sure did a nice job, it looks good. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Man that is very cool pphoenix!! I know what you mean about can't putting down, I keep restinging it and taking a few shots
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Nice Job , looks great. I have made 2 one for verts and one for my X-BOW. I have sold a few of those to other members. I love the look on peoples faces when they walk in and see the whole wall with bows :D :D
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ ... cksyes.jpg[/img]
GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

nice job on your cabinets, the wall looks amazing.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

With C-68 in Canada, are we allowed to store or crossbows on these type of shelf with bolts beside them?

Do we require a trigger lock on them?

For lack of a nice shelf like the beautiful ones posted or time to make myself one, I store mine during the hunting season in it's soft pouch, but out of season (if I am not shooting it at the archery range) I store it disassembled in a double gun case.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
Tom

Post by Tom »

LeGrand wrote:With C-68 in Canada, are we allowed to store or crossbows on these type of shelf with bolts beside them?

Do we require a trigger lock on them?
A crossbow is NOT classed as a firearm in Canada. As far as I know, there are no regulations on how you have to store any archery equipment.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Tom, that's what I'm figuring out since I posted, but what about the safety aspect.

Although you need strength to cock a crossbow (unless you have the mechanical device close by), kids could easily manipulate the crossbow and/or even the bolts (field points are not as dangerous as broadheads).

Is in it the same concept ammo close to firearms (easy temptation) and bolts close to crossbow.

I have well educted children and they know not to touch Dad's toys (not like me when I was a growing kid, you just had to say "out of bounds" to just click "curiosity" instinct) .

My son drops the TV remote control so often (he like to juggle with it while watching t.v.) that we had to replace it 3 times inside a year. So I take care that he doens't touch my toys without supervision. Better be careful than sorry (Oh yes! he does say that often :D ).

Anyway, don't wish to steal the Tread with this.

If others have nice shelves or storage projects, please I would be happy, as others, to see them.

By the way GREYWOLF, love the hoofs supports for your compounds. No waste.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I JUST finally put my rack up in my bedroom. Re-arranging and and changing my room, thought I'd finally put my rack up and hang my baby on the wall. I built this rack myself, based on Gary's rack design. It's not as nice as his or some others, but it's doing its job now :)

TYE

Post by TYE »

I just noticed that my fibre optic sight is a little crooked. I'm not sure if its always been like that or if it got knocked, but the very bottom piece that attaches the sight to the riser, is where it is crooked and making the pin part crooked. I haven't taken it off, but I think it's the screw holes in the riser that are crooked. If it still shoots straight and fine, should I bother with it? I think I'm gonna put a scope on my crossbow anyways.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

tye
i counted eleven arrows on the cabinet, tell us the story of the one missing.
TYE

Post by TYE »

pphoenix wrote:tye
i counted eleven arrows on the cabinet, tell us the story of the one missing.
Nothing special, it's just that I only have 11 that are straight, hehe.