Wacky Weather

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Wacky Weather

Post by ecoaster »

I think the coyotes will be hungry around here this year. They won't be able to hunt down the deer in the snow. This year has been so mild around here. I know it's winter just north of Toronto, but around the lake is drearey. The wife bought me some down hill skis for Christmas and they haven't been out yet :x .

What do you guys think of this mild crappy weather? I bet we'll be putting on winter camo for Turkey opener :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I think the water levels in the creeks and rivers are going to be low for the opening of trout season.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I agree. To mild here also. They can get plenty of the small stuff as we havent had much snow cover. I was in 2 contests and the kill was way down. Just to much easy pickens as in rabbits and mice and the such. Was out 3 different times and all we called in were fox.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

yep i agree to its been weird this year on the coast usually we have a few weeks of real cold but not his year. our cold part of the year is usually febuary and we are in the middle 70s all ready. its going to really screw up this year turkey hunting with the warm temps all ready i just hope the gobblers arent henned up again like last year when we had the same type of weather
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Very warm here today 65 deg. I took the wife for a birthday walk up to one of my spots. I was in a tee shirt ?? we had 24" of snow last weekend and now there is only an inch or two of slush left?? it is going to get much colder here SAT & SUN highs only around 20 deg. WOW a 50 deg. difference. I think there will be a good heard next season around here , this winter sure hasnt hurt them so far. I have been looking a lot, but still havent found any sheds ye. they blend in so well without snow they are hard to see GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

It was mild here most all of the winter, NOT NOW, -37C tonight, it only made it to a high of -29C today, now that's friggin cold.

Grey Owl
Boo

Post by Boo »

Welcome to Global Warming boys. It really does exist Mr Bush.
On the bright side this mild winter will certainly guarantee more deer this next season.
Boo
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: aGood for the turkeys too!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I was "stump-shooting" with my recurve yesterday afternoon wearing a long sleeve pullover shirt with the sleeves pulled up and still sweating. This morning it's below freezing, and the forecast is for continued cold for a few days. Typical Ohio River Valley weather!
Overall it's been a mild winter so far here, and with the current fuel costs it probably saving a lot of money for homeowners!
wabi