Which new x-bow for my wife?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Slink

Which new x-bow for my wife?

Post by Slink »

I'm going to buy an x-bow for my wife. I've narrowed it down to a choice of three. The Excalibur Phoenix, Excalibur Vixen, or the TenPoint Titan TL-4. I have choosen the Excalibur Phoenix over the Vixen because of similar size and weight, with the performance advantage of the Phoenix. What about recoil between these two models. She will be using a crank cocking device, so draw weight is really not an issue. I have the Titan as third choice because of it's mass weight. Maybe this is also a non-issue. She will be using the bow to hunt mainly white tail. However, occasionaly a black bear does wonder by. My wife is 5' 2" (she says 5' 4").

Okay guys and ladies ..... help a newbie or I should say wannabie.

Thanks,

Slink
Ridge Runner

Buy once and be happy.

Post by Ridge Runner »

Buy her the Phoenix, I say buy once and be happy. thats all she is ever going to need. This way she can also hunt bigger game later. I hunt big body elk where I live and whitetail,mule deer. Go for it... :D :D 8) 8)
Tom

Post by Tom »

From what I read in your post is that your worried about Recoil. If so, there is no need to worry. All the excalibur bows operate almost the same other then the cocking ffactor, and you have side stepped that with the cocking device. I also believe that both the excals you mention here are well balanced and easy to shoot, but others on here will help you with a more knowledgable account.

Welcome to the forum.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Normous

Post by Normous »

She might like the Excal. better because of the lighter weight.
Good luck.
Welcome to Excalibur Slink.

Norm

ps:my wife shoots the Max.
Last edited by Normous on Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

some of you are really lucky bastards :D
i wish my wife "in 4 months" would go with me, i've tryed to convince but without sucess. :(
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use the Phoenix and it is plenty for whitetails. The Vixen is also great, but the lack of a deluxe version Vixen led me to buy the Phoenix.
I have owned a Vixen, Exocet (175#), and Phoenix, and the Phoenix seems to be a good compromise of ease of use and power.
wabi