aw shucks have a question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hatchet jack

aw shucks have a question

Post by hatchet jack »

aw shucks,,,,,reading your comment about the barnett quad 400 coming apart,,,,,,what exactly happened . what parts broke & what happened. thanks h.j.
they say he is still up there.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hatchetjack: Don't know what happened, it acted like a dry-fire, but arrow was ok, there was limbs, pieces of limbs, wheels, and string/cable all over my shop floor. Could not get 3" group at 20 yds. Thought maybe the LII's were too light, but had been told by a dealer to try them. That was the first shot we tried w/ LIIs. Any ideas??
"Eze 18:21"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Inless you built them on the heavy side a Lazer II would be to light for a barnett quad 400. Not saying this is what caused it to BLOW up :shock:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Well, it's a done deal now, Cabelas gave a full refund, my friend is getting an Excalibur before next season. I got the xbows and bug before I got into computers and this forum. Believe it or not, I've read every page and all the archives. Know there are alot of Barnett guys out there which I respect. My first xbow was a Barnett Commando, and it ate strings like a weed-eater. My reading tells me that was just the nature of the beast. When I looked for xbow last summer, like most idiots, I looked for fastest fps and lowest price. Thanks to all of you, I'm smarter now. This forum is really great No more Cabelas :lol: :lol: :lol:
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

boy it must have really come apart,,,,,reason i ask ,there are 5 barnetts in my family, i have a ranger & rc150 my brotherinlaws have revolutions & we have had no problems other than some rapid string wear until digger told me about waxing the server & rubbing leather to melt it to soak inn. that is all the problems we have had. the ranger is a recurved bow i still like it the best , just wish it was faster & had more killing power.

well anyway have a goodin--------------h.j.
they say he is still up there.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hatchet Jack: I'm pretty sure it was the too light arrow, from what I've picked up here. I know Barnett worked w/ me on the Commando, I said that was my first xbow, but forgot about a Whammo 80lb I had in about 1968 while in USN. Rigged it up for fish, shot a biggun, off the ship I was on, and away it went fish bow and all. Probably a good thing too from what I've heard about them!!
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Awshucks, I think barnett recomends 3 grains per pound on its crossbows
150 lbs needs 450 gr. arrow.
I go lighter with my recurve barnett but shoot 480grs. with my revolution.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain