Quebec poachers caught in Alberta

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bushmaster

Quebec poachers caught in Alberta

Post by bushmaster »

Here's a link to the local newspapers story about 5 deer poachers who pled guilty here to poaching. This happened only a few miles south of my house. I can post a pic if anyone is interested...its of the site identificaion by the police CSI unit.

http://provostnews.ca/thenews/index.html
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Thanks for the link. I really hope they throw the book at them. What a waste. I was really glad to see they were not refered to as hunters. These people are just criminals, that's it.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I would consider then vandals and criminals and I agree, certainly not hunters.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

They were fined a little over $25,000 and not allowed to hunt here for 5 years. Big deal !!

But what I found so interesting was that it was their own pics and GPS that convicted them.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

There's no excuse for that.

25 grand , eh? That's a fair chunk of change. However between 5 of them, that doesn't seem like enough. The 5 years, big deal. It should be life. They should lose their hunting rights, right there on the spot.

Jay
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

The link is to only part of the story, too. These guys had illegally obtained Alberta drivers licences as early as 1996 and were using them to buy hunting licences and bring other hunters in by acting as hunter hosts.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I'm interested Bushmaster...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

The pic isn't great cause I had to scan it from the newspaper. But our local CO found this site from a waypoint in the poachers GPS. As he approached the general area, he followed the magpies to a deer carcass..left, antlers gone...and then sent a photo of the site and a photo taken by the hunters at the site to the Edmonton police CSI unit. The police proved it was the exact same spot, the lines in the pic are showing the 10 identifying points they used.

LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

ttt
Last edited by LeGrand on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Well if that is the case, I for one will not give them one red cent. A letter stating my disgust, YES, but not a red cent.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

ttt
Last edited by LeGrand on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: I got it from very good sources that it was the Buck Expert crew that got nailed....all the names are in the second part of that newspaper clipping that for some reason we cannot access!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

I'm sorry, I didn't do a very good job of reporting this. You only get part of the story because thats all the paper puts online...so you have to buy a paper.

The five who pled guilty are Remi Poulin, Yvon Poulin, Bernard Metivier, Mario Pepin and Veronique Levesque.

The first 3 were also convicted in Sask. of the same basic charges and were fined $22,500.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Were these guys really "hunting celebrities" that got caught?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

ttt
Last edited by LeGrand on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.