need help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

It may not be a virus sould be corrupted files. I had a trojan last month and norton, avg, ad-aware and stinger couldn't remove it. After IDing the trojan I went to the symantic site and was correctly instructed to reboot into safe mode to remove it. Some bugs that are imbedded into windows cannot be removed while windows is being used in normal mode. I guess the first thing that he has to do is identify the problem or re-install XP.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Adam

Post by Adam »

i actually do have norton antivirus 2006 on my computer. The other day it wouldnt let me open any files what so ever so i followed some instructions norton gave me had to go through a long process and now the virus is gone. i had to download some programs from Symantec i beleive and that took care of the problem. It was Trojan Abwiz i had. (I also had to run my windows in a safe mode or the symantec scan would not have worked).
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doesn't make you wonder who the hell creates these virus' and why? Why don't they do something constructive like shoot, read, hunt, cycle or hold their breath untill they rot?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Adam out of curiosity can you still use windows restore with Norton 2006 :?: I am using Norton 2005, has it's own restore program disabling my win restore.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Adam

Post by Adam »

i dont now of a norton restore over my windows restore but when i was reading the tutorial it told me to use my windows. ill check the info that came with it and see. My dad figures its the anti-virus companies creating these viruses to generate buyers.
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

Here are two other free things to use .
spybot search&destroy
AVG Free edition .
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

franklinm wrote:Here are two other free things to use .
spybot search&destroy
AVG Free edition .
That`s AVG Anti-Virus , it`s free and works great .
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

well i rebooted it 2 times but the pop up is still there,,thanks for all the good info i will keep trying ,thanks again .

h.j.
they say he is still up there.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Have you checked to see if your c drive is fragmented too much and have you checked for errors yet (both are tools in properties of your c drive)?
awshucks

puters

Post by awshucks »

I had Norton, but had problems, don't know what they were, but this AVG works great. I use Yahoo for home page, and it has free spy ware. I keep getting an annoying pop-up from Winn-Fixer that I'd sure like to block, but so far haven't been able to Regards,
"Eze 18:21"
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

yea boo i have run everything i have . the things i keep getting is
1== open file security warning--incredi mail ltd

2== internet explorer script error

h.j.
peter p

Post by peter p »

Don't do a system restore unless absolutely necessary.
You can loose something that you installed after the restore point (earlier date).
What is the exact error you are getting?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

hatchet jack is " incredi mail ltd " one of your e-mail servers :?:

As for a system restore, yes you will lose anything installed from the starting date you pick for a re-store point. However sure beats doing a format and re-install of everything. However as I stated earlier you can only go back so far on a system re-store.

If incredi mail ltd is not a e-mail account of yours, close out to your main desk top, do a search for incredi mail ltd and delet the file or program as it reads like it is holding a file (program) open.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

i dont want incred mail ltd dont know what it is,,,,,,,,,,but cant figure out how to delete it,cant find it anywhere ,,ot just popu up each i click on the innernet.

h.j
gad

Post by gad »

hatchet jack wrote:i dont want incred mail ltd dont know what it is,,,,,,,,,,but cant figure out how to delete it,cant find it anywhere ,,ot just popu up each i click on the innernet.

h.j
Hi,

I think that is the time to format your hard disk. After trying anti-virus programs in windows safe mode and also the adware software, the virus or spyware software still on you computer :shock: . That will be the better and will work for sure. :)

Just dont forget to backup your files :!: . And do not restore this files after formating your hard disk, before you install on your computer a good antivirus software, like norton or avg, and update the antivirus as the first thing before install it. :!:

Hope this helps...
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED