Got a doghouse today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pphoenix

Got a doghouse today

Post by pphoenix »

friday is my birthday, today my future wife (in 3 months) got my some presents and gave them to me early. one of them this blind but in a mossy oak new break up pattern, along with a knight and hale Tom coffin push call and a Slate Queen, so i guess i'm almost ready for turkey season.
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
sidekick

3 months...

Post by sidekick »

What are you waitin' for? A woman like that...you better marry her before someone else on this forum does...or she comes to her senses. :wink:
bobby jost

the doghouse

Post by bobby jost »

FYI, that product works. We use these as supplemental blinds in the fall for Whitetails and have produced some nice animals. Be prepared to have deer or turkeys walk tight to the blind, in otherwords the shots will be close (5yds).

If you read the (www.acadventures.ca) website on ground attacks, this is what can be done. The only set back is that you must be motionless and virtually soundless, due to the intimate approach... very exciting.

Bobby Jost
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

pphoenix, I don't think you understand what your wife bought for you here. Once your married, this is will be your room where your going to sleep at night. Haven't you ever heard the saying "My wife's upset with me and I'm in the dog house"? She's already preparing for the married life thinking long term! :wink:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Very true Partikle! However, if he has to sleep in the dog house at least he can wake up and shoot a turkey or a deer out of it :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I would like to invest in one of these, the only downfall would be limited lines of site around you. How are they for seeing all around?
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

ecoaster wrote:I would like to invest in one of these, the only downfall would be limited lines of site around you. How are they for seeing all around?
Just in case your wife is sneaking up behind you with a frying pan!
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Happy birthday,But don`t spend your honeymoon there. :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Being 6' 4" tall and the kids having mentionend that they would like one day to come with me (or go hunting with another hunter), I bought myself last year the following:

Eastman Outfitters Carbon Venture Magnum with Safari System

http://www.eastmanoutfitters.com/compan ... ture.shtml

NEW Silent Magnet Window System!. Available with or without safari system. Black Silhouette blocker. EXSCENT Carbon activated scent elimination. Standing Bow Shots. New Camera ports. 220-Denier Polyester Shell. Backpack-style carrying bag.
Weight 19.0 lbs
Size 71" square x H 78"

I already had the full size ice shanty from them so I new I would be confortable in one of them.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

i'm very happy with the blind, it's 60x60x68, they say it large enough for tree people, or just me with my phoenix :lol: , it has tree large windows or you can keep them closed and have just the portholes open, it was shoot-through camo mesh in the portholes. it only weighs 12lbs in it's nice camo backpack. and a very large door on the forth side.
If she sends me to the doghouse, i'll be glad to do it, spending the night there even better :lol: :lol:
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

legrand i was looking at the link that you posted, and you window system looks great,the magnet system. my porthole shot-trough mesh are velcro, so it a bit noise when putting them down, so the solution is to just shoot right thru them, that what their designed for :lol: or keep them down, i guess i'll have them down and just have my camo jacket and face mask on.
awshucks

doghouse

Post by awshucks »

I have a dog house too. Here's a little trick I came up w/ Cut 4 pcs of 1/2" pvc pipe, about 1 1/4" long and epoxy them into the little pouches that your over head rods go into. It makes it alot easier to set up in the dark or wind.
"Eze 18:21"
pphoenix

Re: doghouse

Post by pphoenix »

awshucks wrote:I have a dog house too. Here's a little trick I came up w/ Cut 4 pcs of 1/2" pvc pipe, about 1 1/4" long and epoxy them into the little pouches that your over head rods go into. It makes it alot easier to set up in the dark or wind.
it sounds like a good idea, when i was putting the rods in yesterday, it wasn't that easy at least when putting the second end, when the rods are putt into pressure, thanks for the suggestion, i really like the space inside and the outside look.
A.W

Post by A.W »

ecoaster wrote:I would like to invest in one of these, the only downfall would be limited lines of site around you. How are they for seeing all around?
The wife giving you a hard time too? Just tie some empty tin cans on a string and run it around the doghouse that way you will hear her coming. :lol:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

bstout wrote:Here is a product that will make using your blind a real pleasure. It allow zippers to function better than new. I rub the wax onto the zipper in file like fashion until the zipper is completely white/covered. Then I take a hair dryer and melt the wax into the zipper. You'll see the white turn into clear and disappear as it soaks into the zipper. This stuff is designed for wet suits and salt water. It holds up well in the woods. It is grade A zipper lubricant.

Where ya find that stuff at Bob :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!