Scent Prep the morning of your hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Partikle

Scent Prep the morning of your hunt

Post by Partikle »

Hey Guys,

I have a question on how you guys get to your hunting site.

When I'm hunting in town (as opposed to being away at the hunt camp) I go through my regime of washing in scent free soap, drying with a towel that was washed in scent free soap, using scent free anti-persparant and then dressing in all my scent free clothing.

Then I get in my smelly car and drive for 20 minutes to my hunting location. I'm wondering if you guys do the same or dress in the field. If you dress in the field what do you wear in the car on your drive to the location? Other scent free clothing or smelly Tide stuff?

Partikle
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

All I do is spray down my clothes with a scent neutralizer about 300 yards from my stand and I also spray the bottom of my boots. Then I drag 2 scent bombs for the last hundred yards (doe in heat and buck urine). Then wait for the fun.

More importantly, I don't hunt a location if the wind isn't favorable that day.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

i've read that some people will wear coveralls on the drive, that have also been washed with scent free soap.
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
Adam

Post by Adam »

i didnt go through that whole process whe i hunted deer with my bow this year. i dragged in a sent drag though and i was happy with my success. saw many deer for my first year bowhunting and got two. i would wear my camo coveralls and my rubber boots in the truck on the way to my spot and put on the jacket when i get there.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Clean is good....I keep scent free comfortable clothing for the 1.2 hour drive to my hunting area. Once there I change into my scent free hunting clothing. I prefer a 2x2 carpet piece to stand on in the field while changing.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family