Perhaps no one has noticed, .....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Perhaps no one has noticed, .....

Post by ComfyBear »

This forum has 719 members, and I use the term loosely, who do not have a single post.

The net effect is to clutter the forum. I'd suggest that anyone who doesn't have at least one post be deleted from the membership list.

I will PM the Dude regarding this.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Lou. You have a lot of spare time in your retirement. :lol: :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Re: Perhaps no one has noticed, .....

Post by GaryL »

ComfyBear wrote:This forum has 719 members, and I use the term loosely, who do not have a single post.

The net effect is to clutter the forum. I'd suggest that anyone who doesn't have at least one post be deleted from the membership list.

I will PM the Dude regarding this.
Reads like a winner their ComfyBear :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
dw

Post by dw »

i dissagree. i read this forum for months before i posted. i think some people just join to read and learn, with absolutely no bad intentions meant.
i belong to many forums, some i post on some i just read. just my view from the cheap seats.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

They don't take up any space and they don't eat much.

Some folks are just bashful..

IMO - Leave them in..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Woody Williams wrote:They don't take up any space and they don't eat much.

IMO - Leave them in..
Woody Williams, dw you both have a very valid point their, did not look at it quite that way. ComfyBear is correct also, however if it don't eat up room I agree leave it alone. Point to be taken though you need not be a Member to just read :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Woody Williams wrote:They don't take up any space and they don't eat much.

IMO - Leave them in..
I would think that anyone who hasn't posted within six months, more than likely, isn't even logging anymore.

Those who are really interested in only reading, can always rejoin. It's free. While those who are not, won't even notice they have been deleted.

One has to "Spring Clean" once in awhile.

Just my opinion.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

mikeeusa2 wrote:They shouldn't be deleted, they take up almost no space in the database and space is not a problem. Busybodies...

What are you afraid of? Someone who doesn't want a sword of damocleus to hang over the head of every married man?

women should be married once they are able to have children. Having good obedient wives is a good thing.

To each their own Mikee. Everyone and everything has a use, even you Mikee. Seeing that you like giving freely of yourself, perhaps you and your idealogies could help to fertilize my garden.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Good one Comfy I will have to remember that..

WOW now that was quick draw moderating......whoever zapped that goat farmer---> hats off to ya..Im sure you will have to maintain a hunt on that one though. It will be persistant and probly changin its ID. Oh well it will give you a hunt in the off season
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
TYE

Post by TYE »

ComfyBear wrote:
mikeeusa2 wrote:They shouldn't be deleted, they take up almost no space in the database and space is not a problem. Busybodies...

What are you afraid of? Someone who doesn't want a sword of damocleus to hang over the head of every married man?

women should be married once they are able to have children. Having good obedient wives is a good thing.

To each their own Mikee. Everyone and everything has a use, even you Mikee. Seeing that you like giving freely of yourself, perhaps you and your idealogies could help to fertilize my garden.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

gutpile wrote:The act of joining the forum in itself is a sign of support and intrest. The knowledge here should be for all, even non-contributers. They didn't have to join, Hell leave'em be they'll come around.
I agree with sharing the knowledge, even with those who can't or do not wish to contribute. However, one doesn't have to be a member to peruse and read any of the postings.

I find it rather strange that anyone who takes the time to join as a member, can't be bothered to post even once. In my opinion, they are neither showing any interest nor support.

Furthermore, I feel it's counterproductive and ludicrous (after sorting and filtering the memberlist by number of posts) to find the first 7 1/2 pages are of "members" with zero posts.

My suggestion would be that after a grace period of six months, anyone without a post should be removed. I'm sure that even some of those "members" with zero posts would like to see their names removed, if they had a choice.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Here's my take on this topic...I have no problem with people who join the forum and never post as long as they are interested in crossbows and crossbow hunting. I have met a lot of people at trade shows that tell me they love our forum and have learned tons from it although they have never posted anything. The forum is a great learning tool for many who know nothing about crossbows. I do have a problem with the spam and the trolls. The problem with our forum software is to remove people from the list is a very time consuming deal and I could spend hours and hours just removing all the trash on our members list. But the big picture is the membership list is not really a big deal and a lot of people have never even looked at it or know its there. I try to get rid of the spam stuff as soon as I can but there is a lot of junk in there which I will continue to work on when I get a chance.

Peter
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Peter, you should look into macro code which will allow you to clean up and streamline this site.

What bothers me is that there are so many folks using and abusing this site for their own agendas, like promoting their unrelated sites.

I feel that any dubious member should be deleted. Then in order to keep future new members in check/honest, have them provide a valid email address from their ISP. (not Hotmail, Yahoo, Lycos, etc) as a condition of their membership. The process to join would entail having them respond to an email that you, the administrator sends to the email they provide.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

ComfyBear wrote:Then in order to keep future new members in check/honest, have them provide a valid email address from their ISP. (not Hotmail, Yahoo, Lycos, etc) as a condition of their membership.
Then I wouldn't be able to stay... All I have is a hotmail account :cry:
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

Maybe more people would post if there were less threads about Tye. Its like The Truman Show in here :lol: