Fletching Remover

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim22

Fletching Remover

Post by Jim22 »

Just wondering what is a good fletching remover? Thinking about refletching my bolts before the season so I can find them but not sure which remover to use. Looked at the Zip Remover but it seems sort of expensive. Guess I could use just a sharp razor knife. Thanks for any info.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Don't use the razor knife on your carbons, chances are you'll cut the fibers with it and damage the shaft when you shoot them.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
A.W

Post by A.W »

I use an exacto knife. Don't push too hard on it though. Just enough to get the old stuff off.

After that I clean it with alcohol from the drug store (not liquor store) this cleans it and helps the new glue stay on.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I use the Bohning Stripper and the ZipStrip. Single edge razors work well but like it was said earlier it can ruin a carbon really easily. I usually use the Stripper and then use a dull razor to remove the remaining glue. If you do not have lots of hand-eye coordination just use the Stripper. Its not really aggressive in its cut, it is not really too sharp and the blade is angled just right.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Thanks for the info from all. Think I'll take Digger's advice and not use the razor knife for the xacto knife. It will be my luck to mess up the bolts. How about that ZipStrip, how does it do? Is it easy enough to use? Hope you all will bear with me cause I'm new to this stuff. Thanks again.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Zipstrip is expensive just use an exacto or whatever :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use a box opener with a single edged razor blade, holding the blade flat on the shaft so the edge doesn't dig in to the carbon. If any glue remains acetone will clean it off pretty well.
wabi
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

A.W.

If someone starts using Gibson's Finest to clean off fletching then, I'm sorry, but the are OUT OF THE CLUB! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
wabi

Post by wabi »

ecoaster wrote:A.W.

If someone starts using Gibson's Finest to clean off fletching then, I'm sorry, but the are OUT OF THE CLUB! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you run it through your kidneys first????? :wink:
wabi
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Never thought of that. Hold enough in and when released, it will be at such a high pressure, those vanes will get blown away. :lol:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!