Petersen's Crossbow Magazine?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

magazine

Post by Big John »

Thats a nice list you got there ELKhuntR.
But I stand behind my words.
If Bill Trouberidge is calling CrossBows , String guns too , to the public, then I say the same to him. I'm not here to promote bad vibes or start a battle but, CrossBows are not CrossGuns! Period!
Thats my point.
And PS: I Hunt with, Shot guns, Rifles, Bows, CrossBows, And Fish as well.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
ELKhuntR

Post by ELKhuntR »

Woody Williams wrote:Sorry elkHUNTr,

But any editor worth his salt knows exactly what is in his magazine front to back..

As digger pointed out you had better change the title of that one article or you will have a bunch of whizzed off crossbowers that wont buy the magazine because of that "string GUN" words.

PLUS you will give more ammo to the anti-crossbow people.

They will say," See even their own crossbow magazines calls them guns".

NOT GOOD at all...

It sounds like you need some REAL crossbowers on your editorial staff.

Wow, be sure to send me your email so I can send you our writer guidelines. You seem to have quite the knowldege of what the readers want and need.

I know what is in the magazine front and back, you guys don't listen or read properly. I told you I like the title and is liked by others.

Al Raychard,
Norman E. Johnson
Bill Troubridge
Bob Humphrey
John And Sandy Kasun
Lynne Frady
Rick Sapp
Patrick Meitin
John Trout Jr.

Google these please!

supported by Bill Hendricks and Horizonal Bowhunter as told to me by Bill at the ATA show this year.

Supported by this website, industry mfgs. (the same ones you buy your equipment for), crossbow hunters.

Supported by 50,000 readers

Supported by Bowhunter Hall Of Fame board members.

I guess I"m not worth salt.
ELKhuntR

Re: magazine

Post by ELKhuntR »

John wrote:Thats a nice list you got there ELKhuntR.
But I stand behind my words.
If Bill Trouberidge is calling CrossBows , String guns too , to the public, then I say the same to him. I'm not here to promote bad vibes or start a battle but, CrossBows are not CrossGuns! Period!
Thats my point.
And PS: I Hunt with, Shot guns, Rifles, Bows, CrossBows, And Fish as well.

John

And PS: I Hunt with, Shot guns, Rifles, Bows, CrossBows, And Fish as well

You want a Pat on the back?
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I'll tell anyone, even Bill T, that they are way off base when calling a crossbow a "string gun". Bill isn't here now , but I would sure like to hear his explanation IF he approved of such a title.

What you don't seem to understand is that we are in the trenchs fighting the anti-crossbow people for recognition of crossbows as legitimate ARCHERY HUNTING TOOLS in every state and province. Just the mention of the word "gun" in the article, much less the TITLE sets us back no telling how much.

I can not say this any plainer than - You are aiding the enemy by using this title and wording.

Are you saying you ran that article and title by every one on that list? I know that not everyone of them are crossbowers and I know for certain that not everyone of them are crossbow legalization advocates. Just because they wrote an article for the magazine does not mean they agree with every article in the magazine.

If you know what is in your magazine from front to back are you saying that the editor of Petersen's Bowhunting" didn't do his job?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Well I for one do not beleive Bill Troubridge would OK "String Guns" with his name associated with it, but then again I live in OHIO not that that should have anything to do with it.

Funny you start your crap when Bill T. is gone fer a trip eh :?: I say you can shove it Mr.ELKhuntR :evil:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

ELKhuntR wrote: supported by Bill Hendricks and Horizonal Bowhunter as told to me by Bill at the ATA show this year.

I guess I"m not worth salt.
At least you coud get Mr. Hendricks name right, I call him Dan when I speak to him. Also Bill T is on an elephant hunt for a month and can't get his take on this till he returns.

On your list I know a couple of names, but if you can send me their email adddys I would like to talk to the others , other than Bill T

PS , I don't hunt with shotguns, rifles nor do I fish, but I hunt with long bows, recurves, compounds and crossbows.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
ELKhuntR

Post by ELKhuntR »

The point of this original Thread has completely been lost and too much bashing is occuring for me to continue. THis will be my last post.

Petersen's Crossbow Hunting will hit the stands July 1st.

Best of luck to you all and go whack something with them bows.
ELKhuntR

Post by ELKhuntR »

Woody Williams wrote:I'll tell anyone, even Bill T, that they are way off base when calling a crossbow a "string gun". Bill isn't here now , but I would sure like to hear his explanation IF he approved of such a title.

What you don't seem to understand is that we are in the trenchs fighting the anti-crossbow people for recognition of crossbows as legitimate ARCHERY HUNTING TOOLS in every state and province. Just the mention of the word "gun" in the article, much less the TITLE sets us back no telling how much.

I can not say this any plainer than - You are aiding the enemy by using this title and wording.

Are you saying you ran that article and title by every one on that list? I know that not everyone of them are crossbowers and I know for certain that not everyone of them are crossbow legalization advocates. Just because they wrote an article for the magazine does not mean they agree with every article in the magazine.

If you know what is in your magazine from front to back are you saying that the editor of Petersen's Bowhunting" didn't do his job?

Last one promise.

Are you saying you ran that article and title by every one on that list?

NO, the people listed are some of the writers for the next issue. I was writing quick and that was the list of people who support crossbows and wanted to contribute to Petersen's Crossbow Hunting magazine.

And Dan Hendricks, Bill Dan, I'm Dan, getting tired. been a long day.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Last one promise.
No, no... this is just getting good.

WW - "Are you saying you ran that article and title by every one on that list?"
NO, the people listed are some of the writers for the next issue. I was writing quick and that was the list of people who support crossbows and wanted to contribute to Petersen's Crossbow Hunting magazine.

That is NOT what you said .

You said..
"I told you I like the title and is liked by others.

Al Raychard,
Norman E. Johnson
Bill Troubridge
Bob Humphrey
John And Sandy Kasun
Lynne Frady
Rick Sapp
Patrick Meitin
John Trout Jr.

Google these please!

supported by Bill Hendricks and Horizonal Bowhunter as told to me by Bill at the ATA show this year.
You insinuated that these writers and Dan Hendricks and Bill t "liked" the title.

I've been in many a debate alongside of Dan Hendricks against many an anti-crossbower and I do NOT believe for a minjute that Dan Hendricks would "like" the term "string gun" when describing a crossbow.

I also doubt VERY seriously if Bill T would approve of it either.

My personal feeling is you "personally liked the title and thought it was creative" and might have even penned it yourself AND never ran that past Bill T or Dan Hendricks.

You said -"Someone said it right, can't we all just get a long. Aren't we all in the same fight and that's to have more hunters in the field."

Then I would have to ask you NOT to give aid to the enemy by using such words. As I said - You need a REAL crossbower on your staff.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Woody Williams wrote:
Last one promise.
No, no... this is just getting good.

WW - "Are you saying you ran that article and title by every one on that list?"

That is NOT what you said .

You said..
"I told you I like the title and is liked by others.

Al Raychard,
Norman E. Johnson
Bill Troubridge
Bob Humphrey
John And Sandy Kasun
Lynne Frady
Rick Sapp
Patrick Meitin
John Trout Jr.

Google these please!

You insinuated that these writers and Dan Hendricks and Bill t "liked" the title.

I've been in many a debate alongside of Dan Hendricks against many an anti-crossbower and I do NOT believe for a minjute that Dan Hendricks would "like" the term "string gun" when describing a crossbow.

I also doubt VERY seriously if Bill T would approve of it either.

My personal feeling is you "personally liked the title and thought it was creative" and might have even penned it yourself AND never ran that past Bill T or Dan Hendricks.

You said -"Someone said it right, can't we all just get a long. Aren't we all in the same fight and that's to have more hunters in the field."

Then I would have to ask you NOT to give aid to the enemy by using such words. As I said - You need a REAL crossbower on your staff.
Dang!!! whiles I'm thinking up something to come back with properly worded, Woody Williams do's the job :!: sooo's "DITTO" thanks W.W.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

String Gun. Great :shock: Why don't you call your rag "Petersen's String Gun Hunting" while you're at it. :evil:

Your "rags" may be hitting the newstands in July, but don't be too surprised when they languish there.

As a former subscriber who's seen the light, I will no longer be wasting my money on it, or any other Petersen publications, products they endorse and/or advertise.

When editors like yourself, get off their "high horses" they'll find that a lot of folks share my opinion.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ComfyBear wrote:String Gun. Great :shock: Why don't you call your rag "Petersen's String Gun Hunting" while you're at it. :evil:

Your "rags" may be hitting the newstands in July, but don't be too surprised when they languish there.

As a former subscriber who's seen the light, I will no longer be wasting my money on it, or any other Petersen publications, products they endorse and/or advertise.

When editors like yourself, get off their "high horses" they'll find that a lot of folks share my opinion.

And that's a fact you can BANK on :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Mr. Editor: IMHO, you've said some wrong things in the wrong place, and that' a fact you will NOT bank on. BTW: folks here have long memories.
"Eze 18:21"
TAC

Post by TAC »

I simply cannot believe that an editor of a crossbow magazine would even consider that title. If I saw that title in a crossbow magazine, I would certainly be questioning whether or not I would purchase another issue.

And as someone on the editorial staff of a magazine, now I know why I remain anonymous on newsgroups related to my area of expertise. ;)
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

No can of worms Jim, just opened some eyes on Petersen publications on poor choices and bad mag on cross bows calling them "String Guns" taboo in the xbow world as that's not what they are :evil:

And a few miss quotes on whom went along or supposedly accepted the Title of String Guns and Snow Drifts .... Bull fer sure :evil:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!