Petersen's Crossbow Magazine?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DJH

Post by DJH »

HOLY SMOKES! I get home from being on the road for three days and one of the first emails I read is from brother Doug Begley stating that there is an uproar on the Excalibur forum. He writes that there is an upcoming article entitled “String Guns and Snow Drifts” and that I thought the title was cute. Well all I can say is someone is giving you guys a “Snow Job”! This is the first I have heard of it and if you think that this foaming at the mouth, crossbow radical would give a title like that the nod, you don’t know me very well at all! Obviously, that was not me! It must have been that dang Bill Hendricks and we all know what a worthless anti-crossbow piece of dung he is! I will state unequivocally, that it was not Daniel James Hendricks, because I do not approve of the title. But then again, it is not my magazine so I have nothing to say about it.

I also find it hard to believe that Bill Troubridge would find a title like that humorous. That is not to say it is not true, but I, nevertheless, find it hard to believe. I sure that Sir William will weigh in on the subject when he returns with exciting tales of giant tuskers slammed to the ground with crossbow! That’s all I have to say on the subject.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Super Daniel James Hendricks, Never figured you would support such a title. It is just a ImageImage acting as a Editor :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Hi Dan...

I knew there was no way in Hades that you would give a thumb up on that title.

I think ELKhuntR is a pretty good magazine editor or Petersen's would not hire him.

I think he knows very little about crossbows...

..........and even less about the ongoing battle against the anti-crossbow people and the correct and incorrect terminology for the crossbow.

It is a very wise man that recognizes that he is in unfamiliar territory and accepts guidance from the people that are in the know..

ELKhuntR,

You will NOT find a more crossbow knowledgeable group anywhere else on this internet. You would be wise to listen to them. We can help you in your task immensely.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

GaryL wrote:Super Daniel James Hendricks, Never figured you would support such a title. It is just a ImageImage acting as a Editor :!:
Gary,

ELKhuntR is not a troll. He is a real life editor for Petersen's hunting.

He is slightly misguided in his approach to the subjects of crossbows, but he is for real..

If he will listen we can help him in his task......
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks much Woody Williams, in that case I sure apologize to ELKhuntR and state that he sure do need some serious help with understanding COSSBOW issues :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

There is a warning not to open this on another post, it's claimed to be a VIRUS, don't open it!!!
"Eze 18:21"
htoler

Post by htoler »

it is a link to a virus DO NOT OPEN
duber

Post by duber »

Maybe the editor is a anti-crossbow fellow at heart.Maybe there is a hidden agenda that you stumbled across.Who knows.No matter what it will have a negative impact on our cause.I bought last years issue and I enjoyed it.If it wasn't for this thread I would have bought this years issue.Thanks guys for keeping people acountable for there actions.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hey Guys,

Dan is one of the editors for Petersens Bowhunting magazine and I did have a telephone conversation with him regarding this topic. If indeed this title is as stated we have time to change it so all is good. He is not anti-crossbow, they are honestly trying to learn more about this heated topic.

Petersens is the ONLY publisher that has published a full blown, main stream, full color magazine on crossbows. Yes we have some great other crossbow publications like Horizontal Bow Hunter who do excellent work. But, if we would like to see a full Crossbow only magazine that you can buy at your local newstand monthly we have to support an effort like this. There will be some teething problems but lets be a little tolerant. After all, we don't want to look like the other extreamist end of the crossbow contraversy. Hey...what I'm I doing here, this is suppose to be my day off :lol: !!!!

Peter
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

[quote="Excalibur Marketing Dude"]Hey Guys,

Dan is one of the editors for Petersens Bowhunting magazine and I did have a telephone conversation with him regarding this topic. If indeed this title is as stated we have time to change it so all is good. He is not anti-crossbow, they are honestly trying to learn more about this heated topic.

Petersens is the ONLY publisher that has published a full blown, main stream, full color magazine on crossbows. Yes we have some great other crossbow publications like Horizontal Bow Hunter who do excellent work. But, if we would like to see a full Crossbow only magazine that you can buy at your local newstand monthly we have to support an effort like this. There will be some teething problems but lets be a little tolerant. After all, we don't want to look like the other extreamist end of the crossbow contraversy. Hey...what I'm I doing here, this is suppose to be my day off :lol: !!!!

Peter[/quote

Thats good news Peter. Thats what I was trying to get at with my first post but you said it better then I.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

jh45gun,

The virus post/link has been deleted..
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Crossbows are here to stay and will increase in numbers as baby boomers joints get more and more stiff with arthitis. Then their grandchildren will want to be just like grandpa. Rifles will slowly start to fade away, after all my right ear is partly deaf due to gun shots. There will always be shotguns and rifles but not as popular as it once was. Much like smoking, when I was a kid it was accepable to smoke in public, till studies were done on it creating cancer. Now its a bad word. In case you haven't noticed a revolution is slowly happening in the hunting world where weapons flinging bolts and arrows are on the upswing.

Relax guys, there will be more bumps in the road ahead, but at least its going ahead.

Grey Owl