New Phoenix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

New Phoenix

Post by awshucks »

Just got mine yesterday. Got it put together and put a Varizone on it. What a sweet shooter!! I thought my Exmax was just great, even if a brute, but this is like a whole new world. I got bored poking the centers at 20, so I started shooting at flys that were landing on the target!! No hits but close enough. For you newer Vzone guys, I was shooting 431 gr LII's w/ FFF string, which I estimate at 295 fps, and have the "3" of 300 lined up, which put me right on at 30. Can't get 40 here, but can get 50, which I'll try when wind quits. I live in the mntns. May have to retire the Max til bear season. Good shooting to all,
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Congratulations on your new xbow Dan. I bet you can't think about much else today. :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
BOB7255KHZ

Post by BOB7255KHZ »

Congrats on that new xbow , Dan..............ENJOY
BOB in Pa
TYE

Post by TYE »

Gotta love the Phoenix :)
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

Hell i wouldnt heasitate to use the phoenix for bear. I HAVE TAKEN SEVERAL WITR A VIXEN.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Bait pile willie: I just needed a good reason to keep the Emax!! I still think it's great, but the Phoenix is "sweet".
sidekick

Post by sidekick »

awshucks wrote:Bait pile willie: I just needed a good reason to keep the Emax!! I still think it's great, but the Phoenix is "sweet".
So that's how you do it...buy the biggest one first and work your way back. Just how do you word it to explain it to the misses? :wink:
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/EXCAL25.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/exocet20050.jpg[/img]
The two keys to a succesfull life-
"PASSION" and "COMPASSION" !!!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Yep, Yep, Yep, like most other idiots, I got the Cabelas archery cataloge, looked for the fastest, hottest, besttest, ect ect ect. Heck, should be like varmit rifles [lots of expertise] The Chinese have a saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you might get it" LOL Well I got it! That Emax is one heck of a piece of equipment. Does everything Excal claims it will do. Like I read in somebodies previous post, they laugh when the new guys trade up to a lesser power bow. Chuckle away, guys, I'm one of them. How to say this w/o hurting anyones feelings? Dunno, but my better half went home to Jesus a year ago last month. Part of the reason I'm playing w/ these tools, [was gonna say toys, but NOT] Thanks all for the education and the entertainment.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

awshucks the Exomax is a brute, its the cream of the Image Congrat's on the Phoenix :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!