Canadian point of view?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sidekick

Canadian point of view?

Post by sidekick »

I know this is off topic...but I thought this could be a unique opportunity to get a perspective from our neighbors to the north.

What are your feelings about all the illegal alien controversies going on down here in the USA?

I thought you might have some feedback since some of the talk effects our brothers to the north.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/EXCAL25.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/exocet20050.jpg[/img]
The two keys to a succesfull life-
"PASSION" and "COMPASSION" !!!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Sidekick: They sent theirs to Lousiana in the early 1700's, far enough south for them, but won't work for us. LOL
"Eze 18:21"
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Well, to be honest, many of your country fellowmen and women hire these aliens to do all kind of jobs at lower cost, instead of hiring your fellow american/citizens.

I guess these employers create an opportunity / message that if you cross over, you will find a paying job.

So my opinion is that "you" have an internal problem, that "you" need to correct or take advantage of.

Oh yeah! pass me that "HOT" Canjun sauce, will ya! HOOO WEEEE! That's good stuff, remember where it came from. :wink:
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

LeGrand: I truly admire Canada. If it wasn't so durn cold up there, I'd move if ya'll would have me. I was always proud to be an American, but sometimes this country makes me wanna move. The one major thing both countries have in common is the politics suck!! Viva la Canada!!
"Eze 18:21"
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

The way we here in Canada are dealing with the Kyoto issue :lol: , will have this place warm enough in a year or two for you to be very comfy in real warm weather. :lol:

We have a joke up here, it goes like this.

Only rich people can live near the ocean front while we poor people live inland. Well with Global warming, the icebergs will melt and the water level will rise, then the rich will loose the property value and the beach front will come to our doorstep for us to enjoy at last without having to travel. :P
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Canada has problems with illegals also. There was a TV spot last year about them in Toronto. I guess half the construction workers are are not tax payers. But, being Canada, the govt saw that the rich bastards that own the construction companies would be in trouble if they had to pay REAL canadians a decent wage so they tried to have an expedited, half assed sped up immigration policy introduced so they could stay and the poor rich guys that own the construction industry could stay rich.

Heaven forbid the Liberals punish or stop a rich person from becoming richer especially if he breaks the law to do it. Not to mention the Liberals immigration policy was basically, "CMON ON IN!!!! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!! CRIMINALS, TERORRISTS ETC...!!!"

So people can sneak into this country and work illegally and instead of being punished, they are rewarded with expedited citizenship. That is Canada for you. As for the legal immigrants, Canada will take anyone regardless of their background. Look at that little bastige that got shot in the spine. Him and his father were in Pakistan (I think) fighting WITH the taliban. The old man got smoked, junior took one in the spine. Guess what Canada does? Yep, we fly him back to Canada so the taxpayers can pay for his medical expenses. ARE YOU F&*$ING KIDDING M!!!??? He is a terrorist who got shot fighting in another country for the wrong team. Paul Martin's argument was "once a Canadian, always a Canadian". Wow that is encouraging.
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

awshucks wrote:LeGrand: I truly admire Canada. If it wasn't so durn cold up there, I'd move if ya'll would have me. I was always proud to be an American, but sometimes this country makes me wanna move. The one major thing both countries have in common is the politics suck!! Viva la Canada!!
Awshucks,

like you guys, we have a great country but there is a lot of BS up here too. I don't know all the details of what's going on with your illegal aliens issue there? Perhaps you can enlighten us with the Coles notes version?

Partikle
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

LeGrand quote in part " many of your country fellowmen and women hire these aliens to do all kind of jobs at lower cost, instead of hiring your fellow american/citizens. "

What the problem is most Americans (USA) will not work at the lower cost jobs, even if it meant that they could get of welfare :evil: , they are getting sumptem fer nutten and like it :evil:

The aliens are willing to do the work as our minimum wage is twice or more then they can make at home. It is as stated the politics :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

Politics sucks on both sides of the border.

But I think you guys are in the middle of a HUGE boondoggle that you don't have the resources nor the willpower(politically) to get out of. These people are there illegally but I don't see how you could possibly even start to sort it all out.
navaman

Post by navaman »

i'm a residential framing contractor in a small west texas town. i command a good price per foot for my work here for a couple of reasons. first we're far away from any city so there are very few framing contractors to be had. when the builders here do locate one that's willing to travel here they have to pay a lot for them. the second reason is the wood butchers from south of the border are terrified to come here. within the last year and a half two mega border patrol stations have been built here so they don't want to go through the hassle of deportation every time they turn around. recently work slowed down around here and i've had to work in a major city about 170 miles north. what the builders are paying there is a damned shame because they'll contract pedro and his family of 10 to frame a 500,000.00 house for for about 2.50 a foot. i can't compete with them. as a matter of fact they're killing me. i say get rid of them. they're only making the rich richer and making guys like me head for the poor house. it's a crying shame
terry-1

borders

Post by terry-1 »

I say don't close the borders up to tight all the plants in my town have closed down and moved to South of the border to save money on labor but they still sell their products here in the USA for the same price as before.Greed no way around that. Here in a few years us middle class Americans might have to run accross the border to get a job and if we have a 10ft fence build the mexican border partol will have a easier time keeping use out. As far as illegals send them home its agaist the law period. I obey the laws and its not fair to everyone who does it the right way. I have hired legal mexican workers and paid them real wages to help out time to time around my farm when I could not get locals to do the work at a fair price . Great people,hard workers and very family loyal people on the average. How many people do you know who will work 12+hrs a day hard labor and send 90% of their income home to take care of their Mon,dad,Brothers,sisters,ants,uncles? It's sad but we do have to limt the flow of people into the country even when they are just seeking a better life for themselves and their family
navaman

Post by navaman »

i've lived down here on the border most of my life and i intimately know many mexican families. the money we pay them is like a gold mine in mexico. in mexico the money we pay them takes care of a couple of wives and a few kids. a lot of mexicans even own businesses across the border and are doing quite well for themselves. too bad i don't have another country to go into illegally and make me some surplus cash
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Hey naveman, have you ever thought about coming to the Great White North, with global warming, its not that cold at all. The cold keeps all the bugs away, free medic care, and most important, a paradise for hunting and fishing. Just a thought. :roll: :roll:

Grey Owl
TYE

Post by TYE »

Illegal Aliens? :?
navaman

Post by navaman »

i never considered moving there but i have visited before. i was impressed at the cleansiness of even the cities and most people i met there were friendly. i did enjoy my visit. :D