TREESTANDS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckbuster

TREESTANDS

Post by buckbuster »

Which do you prefer, ladderstands, Climbing stands, or blinds on the ground. What is the best climbing stand?
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

i like my summit viper, but iam sure there are other good climbers too. ground blinds work too!
thanks philip
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I like climbing stands because you can be mobile and switch trees easily. I use a API Bowhunter. I also use a varity of hang on stands.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D every stand has a use, I have 3 self climbers ,a VIPER-XT , buckshot and a AMERISTEP ALUM.Delux climber,7 portabels and 1 ladder All work well. But climbers have to be carried in and silently set up. then carried out. Portables are great because you set them up in active areas you have scouted well before the season. ladder stands are the same way as portables but weigh much more and are harder to move around . Ground blinds work well but should be set up and blended in before the season too. Remember you are in the deers living room, if some one moves or adds something to yours ,you pick up on it right away. Well deer also do too!! . there are many types and ways to hunt . I use all, but each one is determind by location and field research and planing, and your alility to use each one safely and efficently. GREYWEOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

my son & i have 3 ladder stands. they used to be 15 ft but we have cut them to 10 ft ,,,,,the way the wind blows in kansas 15ft is a little nerve racking on a windy day. i prefer a ground blind with a couple easy chairs in it . i have been known to take a little nap while i am waiting,. have a nice day

h.j.
they say he is still up there.
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Dad and I use 4 ladder stands plus we have 2 pop-up type ground blinds. The thing we like most about the ladder type stands are how sturdy and comfortable they are. Also they are very quite and we feel the safest of all the tree stands. It is also the only type stand a 75 year old man can use safely. :D
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
frisky

Post by frisky »

All have their place. I, in my younger day used the self climber. Now I have permission from the land owner, and I have more "pains" so, I use a ladder stand. It is home built, as the climber is also, and 10foot tall. It has been placed in the SAME tree since about 1990. I am partial to that tree.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Ive been thinking about getting a Summit Viper X5.
Seems like a good stand. I like that it is light, quite, and has the easy hook up cables. Thanks for the posts.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I have a dozen hang on's which I never use anymore sence I bought the Lone Wolf sit down climber. I some time carry a small hang on also to place in a diffenent position in the tree.
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

I have two 20' Cougar ladder stands that I use on my property here in the suburbs. I like the ladder stands because they are stable & quiet. The deer usually are near by & having the ladderstands set up allows a quiet entry. I have added arm rests & a foot rail for comfort & have thought about adding sling type seats for further comfort. I also have a Doc's Recliner which is like a Tree Lounge. It is by far the easiest, most comfortable & safest treestand I have ever used. However it weighs around 30lbs. I also use the foot climber from the Doc's Recliner & the seat climber from a Loggy Bouyou which I modified the sling seat on. It is light & comfotable. I am part of a hunt club that uses dogs during the firearms season & we have many 10' wooden ladder stands on our leases.
bobby jost

Treestand superior

Post by bobby jost »

The company ACA has the stand that can deliver it all regarding safety, comfort and reliability. It is expensive, however the cost is justified due to the variety of folks who have perhaps limited mobility or want the finest in comfort.

See www.acadventures.ca for information.

Bobby Jost