Question about Recurve Vert

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Camper

Question about Recurve Vert

Post by Camper »

Just a quick question,

I have a recurve which looks to be a Martin x200. I got it for Christmas when I was 16 or 17 from my folks.

I recently picked it back up again and I am training for bow hunting this fall.

I would like to know if there is a quiver out there that I can mount on the recurve? I am looking for something that will hold 3-4 arrows the smaller the better.

I also wanted to know if these quivers ( If they exist) are bolted on to the recurve does this comprimise the intergrety of the bow or do they attach without drilling and screws?

Early season --- Recurve vert
Late season --- Exomag!!!

Thanks
Camper
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper
Digger

Post by Digger »

I've always used a hip quiver when I hunted with a recurve, still use one when I hunt with a xbow.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Camper

Post by Camper »

Well I thought of the hip quiver but I carry so much into the tree stand as it is that I would find it bulky and would rather have it right on the recurve.

Thanks
Camper

Camper
sidekick

Post by sidekick »

Years ago when I hunted with a recurve there were several but they were all clamp on type. It seemed like they were always loose, plus I didn't like the extra stuff on my bow. That's why I went to a Cat quiver. I too like using the hip quiver. Sorry, it seems like I'm trying to talk you out of it...but I'm not. I just never found a good one that I liked.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/EXCAL25.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/exocet20050.jpg[/img]
The two keys to a succesfull life-
"PASSION" and "COMPASSION" !!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Camper some have the mounting holes all ready installed in the grip/riser of the v-bow. If yours don't you can have them installed and no they do not hurt the intergrety of the v-bow.

They also make a few that just slide on the uper and lower limbs and hold from 2 - 4 arrows. I will check as I might have one of the slide on type in the attic am not sure I still have it or not .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Camper I reckon I got rid of the clamp on style quiver sorry about that :oops: , However I am sure they still sell them.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I hunted exclusively with recurves for almost 30 years and had several bow quivers that I mounted by drilling pilot holes and screwing the mounting bracket directily to the riser. Never once did I have any problem with any of them.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
wabi

Post by wabi »

There are good quality bowquivers that either slip over the limbs or use straps (with velcro) to mount. I used a Selway for years, and they work very well.
http://www.3riversarchery.com/Cat.asp?c=14&p=0&s=21
wabi
Camper

Post by Camper »

Thanks everyone, I still want the bow mounted quiver and it looks like there are some decent ones on that website Wabi.

Have you ever ordered from these guys?

I am in Canada as well

Camper

Camper
wabi

Post by wabi »

Camper,
I've bought quite a bit from 3-Rivers, including a new bow or two. They have always been good to deal with in my experience.
I have used the Selway quivers and had they are good. The only drawback is that they are not easy to take off/on, but pretty well need to stay in place. When I used a bow quiver I put it on and left it there. If you go with a Selway the X-200 takes the recurve quiver. (I've had longbows that the recurve quiver fit best, and recurves that the longbow quiver fit best.)
The quiver on the Robertson longbow in the pic with my saber-toothed groundhog was a Selway recurve model.
wabi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

wabi that "saber-toothed groundhog " is one unique critter fer sure :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Gary L.
It's the only critter I've ever spent hard earned $$$$ to have mounted. It's teeth didn't line up (top meeting bottom) and instead of wearing off as normal they just keep growing until it finally dies. As you can see it was out trying to eat in the middle of winter. It was literally starving to death as it could not eat! A good sharp Bear Razorhead ended it's suffering quickly!
wabi