Rinehart 3d deer targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckbuster

Rinehart 3d deer targets

Post by buckbuster »

Has anyone ever used one of these targets with a crossbow? Does the bolt bury to the fletching? Does the targets hold up to crossbows?
Buckbuster
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D They work fine with my max. I also have 3 Mckenzie targets and I cant pull the bolts out of them But I can with the RIENHART, they seam to melt the foam on the Mckenzies upon impact and realy are hard to pull out
I recomend them we have 9 at our club and they are real durabel
GREYWOLF the RIENHART is one on left
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ ... ets002.jpg[/img][/img]
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

this is off topic but on the same note.. is the "block" corssbow target any good? I have a el cheap square which i know wont hold the crossbow bolts since the center is blown out :D

whats some other easy to pull out bolt target but strong enough to keep them from buring the vanes?
Don

Post by Don »

Reinhart's are an awesome target as Greywolf says.
I shoot 3D archery tournaments here in Eastern Ontario and have come across more and more of these targets, the bolts pull out of these much easier than the mackenzie ones.
GreyWolf as for your carbon bolts not being able to get them out of the Mackenzie targets if you slide a bar of ivory soap in your pack and rub a little on the front of the shaft before each shot or two, the foam melting problem is no longer a factor.

Cheers,
Don :lol:
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The Rineheart target get my vote, easy to pull bolts from and the seem quite durable. With mackenzies the foam seems to weld itself to carbon arrows.

It also appears to be worse when using Gold Tips. My Thunderbolts are not near as bad. Could be the surface finish of the shaft. Woodys arrow lube seems to help but it can still be a pita to pull arrows.

Crazy Farmer, the bag I use to practice is called a DeadEnd. It looks like a large feed bag that is over stuffed with the same kind to material I see inside comforters ( white fluffy stuff ). It is packed very tight. Arrows pull with no trouble.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Farmer wrote: Crazy Farmer, the bag I use to practice is called a DeadEnd. It looks like a large feed bag that is over stuffed with the same kind to material I see inside comforters ( white fluffy stuff ). It is packed very tight. Arrows pull with no trouble.

thanks for the info! I was just looking at the blocks and saw they had a crossbow one. I didnt know if it was any better than the others, or just the same one with a different name lol

sorry for hijacking this post also
taxman

crazy farmer

Post by taxman »

the x bow block is a great target--i would highly reccomned one.

as far as the stuck arrows in mckenzies--i have a tube on my target quiver that i pour a little of slick 50 in it and dip about 9" of the front part of the arrows before each shooting session. makes it very easy to pull out(esp w/ new targets).

i will have to try out a rhienhart someday. however, i just paid $280 at bass pro last week for a large mckenzie. the last mckenzie large target that i bout was only $130 :evil: :oops: i lost that one to hurricane isabel when a tree fell on it