Hey CrazyFarmer Thanks!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Hey CrazyFarmer Thanks!

Post by DaveShooter »

Just wanted to let you know I stopped the order on a new Phoinex, and Exoct200 after listenibg to your quotes. I still like my old exocet anyway I found an ol'e pair of limbs for my old bow that aren't really that old I got them stripped down ready to shoot the primier and paint too. They had som very minor splinters and such in the glass. I lightly repaired with 100 medium and 320 sandpaper. Man they are as clear as to be able to read newspaper through. Yhe noise level on my old bow is very quite. I am fixing these limbs to have a spare set for my x-bow. I like the texture and finish on my old bow as well it is an 95 model. Never had any problems with the bow except those minor splits in the glass of the limbs. In which it was taken care of by a fine company such as Excalibur. Anyway speed kills air. that was told to me a long time ago.
DaveShooter. :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i cant believe someone reads my posts :lol:

either one you would be happy with, but the xcet would be the middle of the road for everyone. Now the smallest but not the biggest either :D

hopefully you get it soon since season is a month away here 8) One good thing also is you will atleast have a backup bow incase something happens with the new one. You never know what could happen in the trip from the house to the stand and having a spare could come in handy when you least expect it. Thats why im keeping my compound bow just in case

also, im not sure if you can self string your old bow or not. But the stringer makes a huge difference with the 200 pound+ model. I could mroe than likely self string the 165-175 one, but the 200 on would end up putting me in the hospital trying to string it, espically 3-4 times to get the FFF string broken in

I always unstring mine now when im not shooting just to take the stress off the limbs and string, espically in this summer heat
DaveShooter

You mis-understood me!

Post by DaveShooter »

crazyfarmer wrote:i cant believe someone reads my posts :lol:

either one you would be happy with, but the xcet would be the middle of the road for everyone. Now the smallest but not the biggest either :D

hopefully you get it soon since season is a month away here 8) One good thing also is you will atleast have a backup bow incase something happens with the new one. You never know what could happen in the trip from the house to the stand and having a spare could come in handy when you least expect it. Thats why im keeping my compound bow just in case

also, im not sure if you can self string your old bow or not. But the stringer makes a huge difference with the 200 pound+ model. I could mroe than likely self string the 165-175 one, but the 200 on would end up putting me in the hospital trying to string it, espically 3-4 times to get the FFF string broken in

I always unstring mine now when im not shooting just to take the stress off the limbs and string, espically in this summer heat
I sent back the Phoenix and the mod exocet200 due to the fact I still like my exocet 165lbs limb x-bow. I am woking on the extra set of limbs as far as a repair and a new paint job on the first set of limbs that came on my bow they were replaced with new ones many moons ago.
Dave