License fees up in VA. How about you?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ronster

Post by Ronster »

I just paid $28 for combo small and fishing in CT. Most everything else is $14 for anything else you want to do. That's $14 muzzleloader private land, and another $14 for muzzleloader state land. $14 archery deer , $14 archery turkey and on and on . I go to NY and get the non resident sportsman for $250. That covers Deer archery, rifle, and muzzleloader, spring and fall turkey, small game and fishing. Add another $30 and you've got a bear tag. That's not bad for a non-res license.
DuckHunt

Crossbow Hunting

Post by DuckHunt »

WV, Combo license is $35 hunt/fish. Get ~3 deer. 1 each with archery/muzzleloader. You can buy extra tags for each for about $10.

Unfortunately I hunt mostly as a non-resident in VA a few miles from home due to the liberal season and bag limits. It is very costly. License = $85, Big game +$65, Crossbow +$30, Muzzleloader +$30, two extra doe tags +$30. In the end I'll pay $240 for one season. I wish it were cheaper, but you can't put a price on quality time in the woods. I can hunt deer non-stop for four months starting October 3rd and end Febrary 3rd. The last month is doe only.

In WV I have half that time; 2 weeks of which are buck only. And I only have access to some very over hunted WMAs.

:D
Last edited by DuckHunt on Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Here in Ontario a resident deer licence costs $36 (Non-resident $180) if you buy it from a Sporting Goods store, who get a small sellers fee.
This licence is only good for antlered deer. If purchasing a licence this way, you must them enter a mail-in lottery to be eligible to hunt anterless deer.

However if you get it online, you can enter the anterless lottery at the same time, but it costs you an extra $3 for the online priviledge.

If you're a resident, and wish to purchase an extra deer tag, you have to wait and phone in at a later date. If any tags are available they cost another $39 dollars, the same as the original licence.

Talk about gouging!!!!
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

ComfyBear wrote:
Talk about gouging!!!!

Ditto that!! :roll:

Jay