Daughter Wants to Crossbow hunt with Dad

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WRC

Daughter Wants to Crossbow hunt with Dad

Post by WRC »

Hey Guy's - My daughter wants to start Crossbow hunting with me which will include bera hunting and Moose. She definitely wil want to use the Crankeroo. Which model would you guy's suggest she get. Will the Vixen do the job or as long she is going to use the crakeroo shoe we go for the Exocet or phoenix. Thanks - Roy
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

There was a thread here a while back which showed a huge moose taken with a Vixen. Any of the Excaliburs will take down any North American game, provided the shot placement is corrcet. Hit the boiler room and it will go down. Get her to hold a few models to see which one she is most comforatble with.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
WRC

Thanks

Post by WRC »

Thanks Ecocoaster, my only problem with that is there are'nt any dealers around her who even cary crossbows. And all she has to go by is shooting my Exomag. - Roy
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'd look at a Phoenix or Exocet with a TenPoint Accudraw for cocking it.
The crankaroo works fine, but it has to be carried seperately and is slow to use because it has to be detached between shots (for shooting comfort and probably would be a safety issue to try to shoot with it on the stock).
wabi
Catsclaw

Post by Catsclaw »

THIS is da BOMB!!!!!

:wink:

[url=http://www.thedisabledlife.com]www.thedisabledlife.com[/url]
I ain't hidin from nobody, Nobodys hidin from me!
WRC

Thanks

Post by WRC »

That Accu Draw installed on an Exocet or Phoenix does look like "Da Bomb". I would even like to do that to my Exomag. Who does the installing and does anybody know how much it run to have the 2 (mine and hers) of them done. I Bought my Exomag from BJ and maybe he could do it. I know i will purchase the Phoenix or Exocet from him him whichever it may be. Again, Thanks. - Roy
scratcherky

Post by scratcherky »

Don't mean to hijack the thread but that case with catsclaw's bow sure is good looking. Any info on where you got it or who makes it?
Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
A.W

Re: Thanks

Post by A.W »

WRC wrote:That Accu Draw installed on an Exocet or Phoenix does look like "Da Bomb". I would even like to do that to my Exomag. Who does the installing and does anybody know how much it run to have the 2 (mine and hers) of them done. I Bought my Exomag from BJ and maybe he could do it. I know i will purchase the Phoenix or Exocet from him him whichever it may be. Again, Thanks. - Roy
Give Dan Miller a call.

Horizontal Archery
37432 Fifth Ave.
Sardis, OH
43946 US
740-483-2312
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Catsclaw

Re: Thanks

Post by Catsclaw »

A.W wrote:
WRC wrote:That Accu Draw installed on an Exocet or Phoenix does look like "Da Bomb". I would even like to do that to my Exomag. Who does the installing and does anybody know how much it run to have the 2 (mine and hers) of them done. I Bought my Exomag from BJ and maybe he could do it. I know i will purchase the Phoenix or Exocet from him him whichever it may be. Again, Thanks. - Roy
Give Dan Miller a call.

Horizontal Archery
37432 Fifth Ave.
Sardis, OH
43946 US
740-483-2312

Well geez!!! You beat me to it!!!!!! :shock: :D

But yes, that is who did the work on this bow, and my Horton. Dan does a FANTASTIC job!!!! BTW, if you look close enough at my Pheonix, you can just barely make out the shortened stock!!!!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.thedisabledlife.com]www.thedisabledlife.com[/url]
I ain't hidin from nobody, Nobodys hidin from me!