Horton blues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Razor Head

Post by Razor Head »

I had a very bad experience with a Horton Crossbow a long time ago. I can't remember the model name but it was supposed to be their top-of-line model. I was sitting under a tree hunting one morning when I heard a loud crack on my lap. The wood stock just split on me at the wrist. I sent it to them and it was a long time in getting back to me.

After I got it back I took it to the range to sight it in. The arrows were all over the place. I sent the crossbow back to Horton and told them their product was pretty bad. I also told them I didn't think it was right that the retailer should take care of the refund. They did send me my money but the Company's President asked me to never buy a Horton product again.

That's an easy request to comply with so I'm an Excalibur shooter for life.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've owned Horton and never had any real problems other than mediocre accuracy. Once I shot an Excalibur I was an Excalibur only owner.
I've also converted two of my hunting buddies to Excalibur owners by simple letting them shoot my Phoenix. :lol:
Just last night I was walking out of the woods with two other hunters who were packing compound crossbows (I know one was a Horton). When we reached the shooting range area I stopped and said "I'd better unload my bow" then aimed (offhand) and fired an arrow at the target 55 yards away. (I was cheating, I knew the distance was 55 yards and my Vari-Zone is sighted for 15/25/35/45/55). They didn't believe I complained when we walked up to the target because I hit low/left in edge of the 2" dot - "He**, I can usually hold them closer to the center at that range!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW - tonight I shot from the same spot as I left and hit just about dead center, why couldn't I have done that last night? might have 2 more "converts" :wink:
wabi
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

dont panic now your on the right track & you have made the right choice now being an excalibur crossbow guarantee you wont regret it. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..