Broadhead Target for Exomax?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Center Shot

Broadhead Target for Exomax?

Post by Center Shot »

Just bought a Morrell Carbon Six Shooter target, and shot it today. At Twenty Yards my Exomax buries the twenty inch 2219 all the way into the fletching. Then it is a battle to get it out. Is there a target out there that will stop a broadhead tipped arrow from a Exomax, and is easy to remove?
exocet

Post by exocet »

Yes, my buddy and I just got one. The Block 4x4=awsome!! With our Exocets and Slick Tricks and WASP Boss broadheads, our arrows only went in until about 4-6 inches from the vanes!! With feild tips about half way. Best $99 spent ever and it has 4 sides with differewnt patterns. Jack.
deerman

Post by deerman »

The target called "The Black Hole" is what I use for broadheads;made by the same company as the 4x4 block but costs much less, about $40.00 if I remember correctly.
exocet

Post by exocet »

deerman wrote:The target called "The Black Hole" is what I use for broadheads;made by the same company as the 4x4 block but costs much less, about $40.00 if I remember correctly.
Wow, never heard of that one. Where can one get one? Thanks-Jack.
deerman

Post by deerman »

I got the Black Hole at Dunhams Sporting Goods Store in MI. It is the same thing as the Block.
exocet

Post by exocet »

I appreciate the info!! I have a Dunhams about 5 miles from my house :D I will check it out!! Thanks-Jack.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

any of the block targets work well.. i have the crossbow block 4x4 but I doubt its any different from the other ones they make. The black hole is nice, but i worry after about 40-50shots in the same spot the bolts might start going deeper. But for 40bucks you cant go wrong.. spend some money on a good target that will last. I use to get the wally world ones that lasted 1 year lol. About 300bucks later I wish i had gotten one for 80 that would last 4-6years easy
exocet

Post by exocet »

crazyfarmer wrote:any of the block targets work well.. i have the crossbow block 4x4 but I doubt its any different from the other ones they make. The black hole is nice, but i worry after about 40-50shots in the same spot the bolts might start going deeper. But for 40bucks you cant go wrong.. spend some money on a good target that will last. I use to get the wally world ones that lasted 1 year lol. About 300bucks later I wish i had gotten one for 80 that would last 4-6years easy
I agree, my buddy had the Gander Mountain Broadhead target and it was junk at $40, stay clear of that one!! Jack.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I use The Block for my Wasps or Slick Tricks and a bag target for the field points. The Block is a must for the Broadheads but a pain to pull the arrows out of. Even pulled the inserts out of my carbons a couple of times.
Normous

Post by Normous »

My "Block" has been holding up well for 3 years with both of us shooting at it with Excals/fieldtips/broadheads. I'll buy one of the same when this goes one day.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

As exocet mentioned, the Block 4x4 works great. When tipped with 100gr broadheads my Exomax buries about half of a carbon arrow at 20 yards.

The best thing about this target is that it has two sides with deer silhouettes, one side with multiple 3" circles and one side with four ~1.5" diamonds. It has a thin shell covering all of the layers so it should last a while longer with boradheads without sheding pieces.

At $99 it is a bit pricey. If it lasts twice as long as one of the others it will be worth it. Only time will tell.
wsmitty01

Post by wsmitty01 »

I use the crossbow block, works good with my exomax, but I only shoot practice blade muzzys at it and they come out easy, as do the field points, but they all go in to the fletching. But it's what you have to put up with with all that speed. As long as they come out easy, I don't care that they go in deep!
exocet

Post by exocet »

wsmitty01 wrote:I use the crossbow block, works good with my exomax, but I only shoot practice blade muzzys at it and they come out easy, as do the field points, but they all go in to the fletching. But it's what you have to put up with with all that speed. As long as they come out easy, I don't care that they go in deep!
Wow, is that up to the fletching at 20 yards? My Exocet only goes in half way with target points. Also, I wonder if the Block 4x4 and Crossbow Block are made differently as there is $20-25 difference in price, the 4x4 being more expensive. Jack.
Center Shot

Post by Center Shot »

I shot a black hole target today with my Exomax. At 20 yards the 20 inch 2219 with 100 grain field tip penetrated right up to the vanes, but not into them. The arrow was much easier to pull out though. With the Morrell Carbon six shooter target, the arrow penetrated up into about half way into the vanes. I believe a broadhead will have even greater penetration. I guess these 2219's are just hard to stop!