Replacing rope cocker string...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mfh

Replacing rope cocker string...

Post by mfh »

This weekend when backing the limbs down after an unsuccessful evening, the string slipped and got caought under the scope mount. Messed the string up (scope remain alaigned) to the point I am affraid to use it - not for cocking, but the potential of it breaking when I decock.

Anyone know if that is a special rope or simply 3/16" diamond braided rope...thats what it looks like, but I wanted to check with you all.
Cheers,
Matt
Bryceville

Post by Bryceville »

Wal-mart sells the braided camo rope in 50 ft lengths that is just about the same diameter. I use it to raise and lower my gun, as well as the crossbow from my stands.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

As long as it's good quality stuff, any cord should work. Try an automotive supply store and ask for rewind cord. That's the stuff that is used for the pull cord on an engine starter. That also has to be strong and abrasion resistant. Just watch that you get the proper thickness.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
GaryL

Re: Replacing rope cocker string...

Post by GaryL »

mfh wrote:This weekend when backing the limbs down after an unsuccessful evening, the string slipped and got caought under the scope mount. Messed the string up (scope remain alaigned) to the point I am affraid to use it - not for cocking, but the potential of it breaking when I decock.

Anyone know if that is a special rope or simply 3/16" diamond braided rope...thats what it looks like, but I wanted to check with you all.
Cheers,
Matt
Call Excalibur or Dan miller, I is sure they can fix ya up with the proper replacement cord/rope .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!