Targets?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xChrisx

Targets?

Post by xChrisx »

Just got an Exomax with Varizone scope and I can't shoot it. The dealer said I shouldn't use The Block, and that I need to buy a target designed specifically for crossbows. I can't find one locally, but I have found them online. I can't sit around for a week with this Exomax and wait for FedEx. I've got to shoot this thing at something, I can buy another dog but my wife would kill me, or even worse take the Exomax. Does the target really matter?
dryhorn2

Post by dryhorn2 »

I use a BPS bag target for field points and a Mckenize Deer target for broadheads.
With God all things are possible
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

you can shoot it at whatever you want.. if the vanes start going into the target then you need something that will stop them better..

half on here shoot at the block targets with no issues.. I have the crossbow block which to me is no different than the plain block target

stops mine just fine 8)
hawg hunter

targets

Post by hawg hunter »

wally world sells a target that will stop bolts with field tipsand it reasonably priced. rhino sells the best crossbow target on the market for use with field a broadheads.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I use one of them 3 X 3 foam targets in front of my block. It slow them down enough. They cost about $18 at Dick's.

Rich
Tom

Post by Tom »

xChrisx this should work for you.

Take all the plastic shoppping bags that you can find and stuff them very tightly into another bag. This infront of the block (dirrectly against) should give you enough resistance to stop the max if the block does not stop the arrow on it's own.

Remember to make sure the path behind the target is safe incase the arrow passes through the target.

Good luck and enjoy.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]