Finally something with antlers (spike)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Finally something with antlers (spike)

Post by DuckHunt »

This season has been great so far. My son and I each killed two deer on Monday. I had him in the stand with me again on Saturday morning. We had a few doe come in and wind us about 8:00am.

About 9:15 this spike came walking right up the trail to our stand. Since it was up hill toward our stand he was basically walking looking right toward us. I can't believe we weren't busted. He stopped about 35 yards out facing us for about 10 seconds then kept moving. I already had the crosshairs on him. Since he was at a steady walk I figured he would get close enough to notice us, smell us, or otherwise spook before turning to offer a shot.

At about 30 yards he turned toward my right and offered a shot. THWANG! A solid double-lung hit with a Spitfire 100. He ran about 30 yards to my right up the hill. He then stopped, started backing up, and did a sitting back-flip. The Spitfire broadhead did a number on the lungs. My son commented 'where did all of the blood come from'. :) Since the deer backed up a few yards over its own blood trail before flipping, the woods were painted very well all around him.

This almost makes up for the 8-10 point ~18" spread buck that I missed Friday morning because my arrow hit a sapling in front of him. But that's another story. :oops:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

congrats man.. I think I saw 12 deer this afternoon feeding. Mainly because of the rain thats coming tomorrow

I didnt see the first buck though

now you only have 2 buck tags left and alotta season.. thats the thing I hate about 3 either sex stamps here.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congrats!!!!!!!!!
wabi
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Nice little buck, good shooting!
Congrats!
saxman

Post by saxman »

Congrats DuckHunt
Nice Kill :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Congrats on more good eating!!! I dropped my doe last night at 6:50pm and by 9pm she was hung and tenderloins in the fridge. Gonna have a BBQ tonight!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!